Is Vaping Cheaper Than Smoking?

Hi I live in Australia where ciggarettes are heavilly taxed and very expensive, I was wondering if anyone knows if e ciggarettes would deliver nicotine at a cheaper rate than smoking ciggarettes? Thanks.

When I used to smoke I was spending the equivalent of $300USD a month on cigarettes. Now I spend about the equivalent of $30 a month on vaping.

3 Likes

Thankyou everhopeful, I hope it works out that much cheaper over here…

1 Like

The initial outlay for a decent vaping rig can be high, but I’m sure it works out cheaper in the long run. Especially in Oz as cigs are so taxed there.

1 Like

Sooo much cheaper. And it tastes better. But it still just doesn’t hit quite the same as a cigarette does. Otherwise I’d switch to vaping lol

2 Likes

At the assisted living center where I live a lot of guys buy tobacco and papers and roll their own cigarettes. I think such a system might be unhealthy, because you don’t have a filter, but I think it is substantially cheaper.

They don’t use filters when they roll? That’s unusual. Me and anyone I’ve met who rolls own cigarettes use filters

Mine cost about $100 initally. I tried cheaper vape pens etc, but they were useless.

1 Like

Yeah it is crazy cheaper. Less than quarter cost of normal cigs.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help, my friend is a smoker, going to buy her one of these, time to make the switch, thanks again…

1 Like

They don’t seem to do that around here. Maybe somebody could make some money if he found a way to sell filtered roll your own cigarettes. I don’t know if it would make much difference to the guys from the assisted living center where I live. Around here people aren’t too cautious about their health. [quote=“zenmind, post:7, topic:78470”]
They don’t use filters when they roll?
[/quote]

Actually , you might want to read this. Apparently vaping is restricted in Australia.

https://veppocig.com/pages/electronic-cigarettes-with-nicotine-in-australia

2 Likes

Yea I saw that on TV tonight but there are shops that sell nothing but vapes and vape equipment all over the place…

Yes, but no nicotine. It looks like you can import the nicotine juice for personal use though.

1 Like

You’re right, I just realised that, that’s going to make things pretty difficult…

1 Like

The costliest part of ecigs, by far, is the juice. Many juice companies charge $20 for a 30 mL bottle of juice, and depending on how often you vape, that can add up to a lot of money.

I’ve ordered juice from about two dozen juice companies, and, for the most part, I’ve found no difference in the juice. Thus I buy 480 mL (16 X 30 mL bottles) of juice from vapewild.com at about $4 per 30 mL of juice.

1 Like

Does that juice contain nicotine? Cause I checked the website of some stores here and it seems I would have to buy the nicotine seperately and mix it myself, not sure if I can be bothered doing that…

@HopeSeeker

Yes, you can order the juice with varying amounts of nicotine (or no nicotine).

1 Like

i can get cheap tobacco from people on holidays where it is like 10 euro for a pack but i have switched to vaping recently because of health effects of smoking

and i have found that i can get an ecig for 22 ÂŁ sterling , and if you buy them online you can get the eliquids for 1ÂŁ each. you must replace your top every few months and battery every six months, so like you get 3 tops for 10ÂŁ here and id say the batterys are a bit dearer i dont know yet but maybe like 10ÂŁ for one

so 8.50 per week on smoking,
i go through half a bottle of e liquid a day so 3 and a half ÂŁ a week on liquids
ten a tenner for 3 so nearly a tenner a year on tops
and every six months another 10 on batteries

it is cheaper, but also there is no carbon monoxide and different carcinogenic chemicals too
so it is good for your health

it might take a week or two to get over the carbon monoxide cravings though but its worth it

1 Like

Apparently,

HEY, AUSSIES, YOU CAN VAPE E-CIGS WITH NICOTINE! In order to purchase electronic cigarettes with the nicotine you want and need, you must order them from outside the country and have them imported. The law in Australia states it is legal to import a 3 month supply of e-liquid nicotine for personal use.

https://veppocig.com/pages/electronic-cigarettes-with-nicotine-in-australia

So it is possible quite easily…

Oops @everhopeful is always one step ahead of me. :flushed:

2 Likes