Is this also a part of symtoms?

I have no problem with thinking about present relationships.
I hardly have delusions with present events.
Just my past memory is reconstructed unless I keep a diary.
For this reason, my psychiatrist advised me to get a psychoanalysis but this illness is treated better with medication, right?
I don’t understand whether I am diagosed right or not.
Do they need more elaborated diagnostic systems or terms or did I misunderstood?

2 Likes

Hi! Welcome :slight_smile:
What’s your diagnosis?

1 Like

Paranoid Schizophrenia :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too same dx
Nice to meet you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Which med are u on…??

1 Like

I’m taking Abilify. And I stopped taking Seroquel a week ago :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My memories are reconstructed as well, psychoanalysis is therapist right?

1 Like

I think psychoanalysis sounds great. It won’t change the fact that you have sz but it can teach you coping skills for some of your symptoms and help teach you the importance of meds compliance, sleep hygiene, socialization, personal hygiene, and can help you with life skills such as handling finances, completing paperwork, and developing a network. I say go all in. Good luck.

3 Likes

Psychoanalysis is one theoretical approach treating psychosis. :slight_smile: they explore our unconsiousness and childhood experiences. It started from Freud!

2 Likes

I think therapy wont move anything fo sure. .

1 Like

Intensive short term psychodynamic therapy is what I’m doing with my therapist. So I think thats what that is.

I’m sza and therapy didn’t help me much with my intense paranoia. But, it did help me with my sexual, physical and mental abuse issues and depression. If you have any trauma issues or depression issues, then go for it.

1 Like

Psychodynamic help me feel more emotions mostly, I did lose some paranoia especially with talking to the therapist, currently working on expanding that to other people as well

1 Like

Freud never helped one schizophrenic. It was smoke and mirrors and not based in reality for most mentally ill folk.

Therapy works well for some people. For most of us it’s medication. Simply put it’s medication that treats your symptoms and you get better and move from there. Therapy can be an important addition if your struggling with some things but it seems to be pretty specific. I’ve met some horribly bad therapists and just use a psychiatrist.

Yes. Medications lead to better outcomes for sure. It’s the only sane approach!

4 Likes

Diagnosis is schizophrenia at 19 I’m 35 now I believe it is PTSD cause of traumatic situations that last a yr when I was 19…my symptoms disappear without meds thru out the yrs schizophrenia doesn’t disappear like that

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.