Is there a role for cannabidiol in psychiatry? (Marijuana / Cannabis)

CONCLUSION:

The evidence regarding efficacy and safety of CBD in psychiatry is still scarce.

Further larger well-designed randomized controlled trials are required to assess the effects of CBD in psychiatric disorders.

FUll Paper Here

background info:

3 Likes

is it still a mystery …!!!

I think we can kiss the idea of CBD goodbye for now.
Not only is it too good to be true but every company that tries it has had no success when it comes to sz.

http://www.echo-pharma.com/en/products-and-pipeline/pipeline/schizophrenia/

Sz is ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ complex…!!!

That would be nice. But it looks like it’s a long way off if it even works.

I thought the majority of studies ruled marijuana was quite bad for psychosis. I know it can be very beneficial for anxiety disorders and the like though. May have seen something positive about it and PTSD. And that’s just mental illnesses, it’s really good for a wide range of physical ailments as well, epilepsy, Parkinson’s…it really should be made more available. Alcohol is far more dangerous.

1 Like

Yes - but Cannabidiol is just a single chemical that is found in marijuana - and studies have shown that it is helpful in some conditions and was being investigated (and continues to be investigated) for psychosis / schizophrenia. See below for more info:

2 Likes

My son just stared CBD oil a week ago. Starting with low doses. They say it’s a gradual increase of the doses until you reach your sweet spot and You see results… As of now he is taking .67 ml 3 times a day. Unfortunately , there is no improvement yet.:cry:
Trying to stay hopefull
I will keep you posted on results.

2 Likes

If you don’t have or are prone to psychosis. Then cannabis can be very helpful for anxiety/depression/OCD. I’m not sure about cannabinol. They say it helps with sz but the results have yet to come in on that one. If it works please let us know. I’m a big proponent of cannabis based products and certainly as an alternative to the treatments we have now which are deplorable.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure how helpful CBD is for SZ/Psychosis but it’s supposed to be helpful towards Anxiety.
I’m really dissapointed with these pipeline drugs lately.

1 Like

I live in Washington state where recreational and medical marijuana is legal. I bought a cbd vape cartridge a few days back, and I have been using it a couple times a day since I got it. I have noticed that is does have a calming effect, and does boost my mood a bit. As far as how well it would work for psychotic symptoms I am not sure. The only negative effect it has had is sometimes it makes me a little tired.

1 Like

Just wondering if you posted the brain vitamin or if is just a pop up add. If so does it work?

This is all very new to me. My son isn’t on meds, not that I want him to due to side effects but I am desperately seeking help in any way that has been helpful to anyone.
Currently he is taking 90ml of CBD oil and haven’t seen an improvement yet.
They tell me it takes a while and the therapeutic dose is 2-4 grams. Per day. That would be nearly 800-1000 a month. Unfortunately I can’t afford that so I am seeking other options if there are any.
I’m at a loss. :cry::sleepy:

Yes, despite being psychoactive there are a lot of compounds in Cannabis and I believe in it exists a full cure for schizophrenia. This is because of how the chemicals repair and re-wire nerve transmission. It can potentially be the cure to hallucinations, epileptic seizures, NMS, MS, delusions, depression that all results from cancer, nerve and muscle stress/damage. Marijuana is food for the brain. It heals and restores a person. Not everyone might have this experience, but it has the potential to save lives and has since time began. I would recommend high doses of vitamin D and E and copper and iron. The oceans are already dying so we’ll need at least something to keep us alive in the future.

I’ve tried CBD. It didn’t work for me. It had a calming effect yet made my voices a bit more intense. I just gave it to a friend.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=cannabidiol+anxiety
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=cannabidiol+psychosis