A systematic review of the antipsychotic properties of cannabidiol

Conclusion: The first small-scale clinical studies with CBD treatment of patients with psychotic symptoms further confirm the potential of CBD as an effective, safe and well-tolerated antipsychotic compound, although large randomised clinical trials will be needed before this novel therapy can be introduced into clinical practice.

Source:

3 Likes

I dont know what to think about this. I was for legalization at first, but it would be so easy for kids to get their hands on it ( easier!). Kids tend to take things to the extreme-and that worries me. My father is 81 years old and smokes this. Has been for 20 years at least. He was diagnosed with borderline schizophrenia a long time ago-maybe it should be BPD. He was never as bad as my son. When he smokes-hes so calm and funny.
So-really dont know how I feel about this. One thing for sure--they sure are running all kinds of tests WITH results on this! Why cant they do more research as quickly with trying to find a cure or meds that work!

I cannot wait for the CBD antipsychotics to come out.
There are supposed to be less side effects from them, and studies have showed that they could benefit anxiety symptoms