Is schizophrenia ruining your life?

Is it ruining your life or do you feel its something you can live with? For me I do have it good in ways but I’m really missing out in life.

Sometimes. But I used to have a rule whereby I did one productive hour a day to progress my life, and that helped. Just one hour a day can keep you from thinking it’s ruining your life.

1 Like

No. I feel like its a battle. But it doesnt have that much control over me.

Schizophrenia is my bitch :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

I don’t know how it would have turned out without schizophrenia. I think it’s just life. I got my meds things could be much worse right?

Stupid people are ruining my life if we are to be honest.

Pixel.

3 Likes

I sometimes wonder where I’d be if I hadn’t done certain things in my life. I can see good outcomes and bad outcomes. I think alcohol and schizophrenia would have gotten me no matter what I did. It could be worse.

I don’t have the life I wished I had but I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge, a bed to sleep in, have never been in jail or ended up on the street. It could be worse.

2 Likes

Sz put brakes in my stride. Sz throw me a curve ball when I really want to take a hit. I live with sz in harmony about 40-60% most of the time. Other times sz derails me badly. But then I get on the track again for the good days to come

No, it doesn’t ruin my life, it just makes my life more difficult.

Not much more to say other than that. I mean don’t underestimate “more difficult.” When I say that, I mean it makes it sound impossible.

Well, it’s sure not helping.

You know I hate this illness but in ways it saved my life. I was smoking dope and taking XTC and I was like a drug addict in my teens. I ended up with schizophrenia and a few of my close friends went on to start injecting heroin, so saved there. After just two years of being on meds I got off the meds and became a hard working member of the public. I’ve decided today that I’m going to make an attempt at a full recovery again, so it’s going to be many more years on meds, if I can pull it off maybe I can have a family of my own one day. I also would like to start making my own money and get off the benefits so I’m going to work on that too.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say it ruining my life I can manage and live with it. It depends on how I look at it changing my perspective is a big coping style. I can look at in multiple different ways like for instance I could say it has a lot of power over me so I look up what power is how it relates to my problems or I could look at facts and arguments if its really real or if I just need a reality check. I mean there is a lot more if you look at the signs and that’s what I’ve done. Theres also name calling which is a big part of and it is form of abuse so that can carry a lot of power and it can be persuasive at times as well or it can be paranoia where you feel your being constantly attacked by others because they can see right through and treat you differently and how they would know that I have no l clue. One other thing that helps is learning forgiveness in the unknown because you never know whats around the corner.

Have a good one!
Intounknown

Petty much so -

There was a time it was ruining my life. I had noting but the life in my head.

I’m on meds… I’m in therapy…

I’d say now… It might slow me down at times, but I’m learning to live despite the head circus.

1 Like

schizophrenia steals your life. those carefree years are behind us. schizophrenia causes many a grey hair.

No one loves me.

Think it can be considered a great gift.

“Telepathy” ruined my life, “Schizophrenia” pretty much saved it. It’s the preferable alternative.

In one sense it is possible to say schizophrenia could possibly have saved my life, because they forced me to get the Haldol decoate shot. It’s the damnedest thing, the Haldol shot totally changed my body chemistry in regard to alcohol. Not the pills, only the shot. Before I got the Haldol shot I used to start drinking beer in the morning, and drink until late at night. I often drank thirty beers or more in a single day. I would go into blankouts and do all kinds of crazy things I didn’t remember the next day. Some of the things I did were dangerous, like getting in fights and driving. Now, the most I can drink is around fifteen beers on a heavy day. It’s usually less than that. I know that is terrifically bad for me, but there is no telling where I would be if I had kept drinking the way I did.