Is it weird to buy myself an engagement ring?

Im just not sure we gonna get married at all… ever… I kinda knew that from the start but I changed my mind and he hasn’t… so I’m thinking to just buy myself a ring to show my commitment without actually getting engaged… kinda like a commitment ring… i sound materialistic but I like the idea …I just want to buy myself a ring

1 Like

Opal rings represent a promise. You could do something like that. But if you want a diamond ring and can afford it, go for it

1 Like

Claddaugh rings show promise too

1 Like

Opal is my favourite stone i wanted an opal ring if I ever did get engaged

1 Like

Well there you go!

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with buying yourself a piece of jewelry like a ring but calling it an engagement ring when your parter is not open to marriage right now is a little too much.

2 Likes

I think it’s a fantastic idea. I bought my own wedding ring because I’m the only one with income when we got married. It was $249, I got in at the pawn shop in Reno where we got married.

1 Like

I guess I can just call it a commitment ring and wear it on another finger

1 Like

Sounds Awesome!! :smile:

1 Like

Whenever I’ve been in a committed relationship and am “taken” I put a ring on the ring finger to let other people know I’m off the market. You should totally get a ring and put it on that finger. And if you like opal, get opal. You deserve it.

1 Like

I love opals… :slight_smile: it doesn’t have to be expensive but something I can wear with pride:)

yes, and you know, there have been times when I’ve worn a ring on that finger just so people wouldn’t hit on me because I didn’t want to deal with it at that point in my life. So you can get the ring if you want. You don’t have to be engaged at all.

1 Like

There’s no rule that says you can’t wear it on your engagement finger.

1 Like

I do too. And diamond is my birthstone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.