Is homelessness hard

As we know with such a illness homelessness is always a possibility for many.
If you’re being homeless
Did it awaken your reality.
And
Is it hard to get out of,
Weekly I think maybe it’s my last month to be homed.
I’m aware of history and the struggle of homelessness.
I’m not important enough to escape it

2 Likes

It is hard. I slept under bridges had trouble finding food. I met a few other homeless so I wasn’t alone.

5 Likes

I didn’t know how to contact you after you left me a message,
And incapable
Bugger that

2 Likes

It is horrible. Incredibly hard.

Familiarize yourself with your local resources right now. If you are in the US, you can dial 411 to find out what your local resources are. Figure out where the shelters, food banks, and public libraries/community areas are. Get on a wait list for emergency housing.

I used to have a whole host of unofficial resources for people facing homelessness, but new laws and corporate policy changes have gotten rid of most of them. Wal Mart used to let people live in their cars in the parking lot, and use their public restrooms all night. Now, they have security that chases people out. Panera used to let people sit in their lobby overnight, since there are always employees in the building, and they gave out their expired bread. Now, they will kick you out. Many gyms would let people in on “one day guest passes” to use their showers. Now, you have to register with them and can’t do repeat visits. The couchsurfing website used to be very active. Now, Airbnb killed it. Being homeless now is harder than it was when I did it.

5 Likes

I wasn’t out on the streets but i was moving through youth refuges/shelters and youth homelessness programs and more etc. for about 5 months, a few years back (moved through 6 places in 5 months) That was pretty tough already

Yes being linked with services can make a big difference

2 Likes

There’s a lot of homeless people and shelters, but it’s much better being in an apartment. I regret leaving some places, that were affecting my health. Now I have bad rental history and owe money for breaking a lease. It will probably cause worse health problems.

2 Likes

It must be terrible. The rain pouring on you, sat in the cold, having to find makeshift places to sleep outside. Getting abused physically and verbally. Being hungry.

I’m never nasty to the homeless as I picture myself in that situation and how I’d feel. I sometimes stop and talk to em, ask em their names and where their from. A couple of homeless people I’ve talked to have said they had sheds and were living in other people’s sheds.

I believe everyone should have a home. If I didn’t have a home I’d do homelessness on a local level rough sleeping in my homearea.

5 Likes

It would be terrible especially if your used to living in a comfortable home.

1 Like

I would describe it as a sneak preview of Hell. Having been homeless is a primary driver of why I beat myself half to death to be able to work and what I will put up with in terms of symptoms to be able to function at work. It’s not fun, but it beats being homeless again.

4 Likes

Always on the verge of it but haven’t been yet!

1 Like

I wouldn’t last a week tbh. Maybe 3 days max. I would never want to ever be homeless at all. I can barely function with my family.

1 Like

I ran away few times. One of the times I was there on streets with no money food clothes or shelter. I was wandering and one fine day some one picked me and promised work in a place and they hired me as a cleaner in a hotel in remote place. I was working there for 3 days. Remember being hit by the owner for not keeping one of the plates clean and then again ran away. Thankfully there was a relative house I went and my dress was torn dirty and they gave me spare dress and money to go to my home. It was crazy I could not live or die and least respected in the world. One of the rings of hell. Totally I would have been homeless for 15 days or so.

Can u imagine I am now a partner delivery architect handling multiple accounts in software company. Hope there are no more jinxes. Life is one hell of a ride.

4 Likes

Find a case worker
Get on SSI
Food stamps
Section 8

Get into a nice little studio
It may not be fancy but it’s a roof over yer head coffee in the morning and a hot shower

Arguably, the worst thing about being homeless is finding somewhere safe to sleep at night and real food to eat
It’s better than jail, at least :confused:

3 Likes

It’s terrible. It’s what happens when society achieves total dominion over the whole of nature, there’s no Sherwood forest to escape to, and you suffer an agonizing and mortifying social death as a washout. I dont expect anyone to care but if society is going to totalize all of existence, theres got to be an easier path back to inclusion rather than spending years being an example of a complete loser as homeless on the streets. That doesnt benefit anyone.

For me it was the Salvation Army. They helped me off the streets and into a sober life. I’m not the least bit religious, but I support the SA. They do important work and they actually care for the people they help.

1 Like

My girlfriend and I both understand homelessness and how hard it is
Last weekend we went to sonic and bought a large chocolate shake with Oreos and gave it to a homeless person at the bus stop :slightly_smiling_face:
Kinda hoping some higher power picked the woman out for us

1 Like

I think everyone should have food , drink , place to live and health care.

We should take care of each other, the animals and environment n so.

Even those on death row get a bed n food n drink n health care.

The way homeless people are often treated with disgust , disrespect and hatred is disgusting.
That shows more about the haters .

Some say you don’t work you do t eat yet look at some of the pretty useless made up jobs there are anc I don’t agree.

More love, compassion, respect, Kindness.!:pray:t4:

My neighbourhood or majority seem to hate me because i don’t work anc the children n adults walk all over me and disrespect me and violate my space with aggressive energy sometimes etc but thankfully I have a place to live now.

I’m afraid of becoming homeless.
I’m living with in apartment of my loved one but her daughter n people around her hate on me and if i refuse to meet them ever again she might kick me out .i avoid them as much as I can as they are disrespectful.

I lived in my car for a month when I was in Gold Coast.

I’m on waiting list for government housing but I’m also not wanting to live among crime and loud neighbours.im sensitive to sounds and cant stand hearing neighbours.

Thankfully I can stay living here.

Maybe I’ll endure meeting people who disrespect me sometimes so I can keep living here.

I’m thankful to have a nice place to live .
Just got shower tap fixed by my beautiful land lord so I’m grateful.

Still I don’t know if it is unconditional or if she would kick me out if I refuse to meet her daughter and grandsons etc

1 Like

I was helped by salvation army and a community health team, salvation army was hands off, but the health team was determined to get me taking meducines by harassing me in various ways and getting me to react negatively, that combined with meducine withdrawal precipitated a pretty bad time in my life. SA was involved in the harassment to a small extent for example when i had no money they sent me and a drug addict out to house hunt and we ended up drinking 40s by a creek and smoking dope. He had a few bucks. When we got back they said we were watching you drinking and smoking pot, but the pot smoking occured hours later so they had some idiot folliwing us.

1 Like

They have limited resources and they have to put them where they are most likely have a positive effect. Yes, they know alkies and addicts and yes, they keep an eye on the people they are shepherding when they can.

1 Like

Anyway im not a drug adduct or alcoholic, im a schizo that smoked pot to combat boredom and had trouble finding work and working at menial jobs long term. It made no sense sending two guys with no money on a house search. It was jyst a set up.

1 Like