Is 39 to old to have a baby?

No I don’t have a boyfriend but I have a supportive family.

I’ve been pregnant 11 times. I don’t think they made it harder to conceive. I have a connective tissue disorder and genetic mutation that causes frequent pregnancy loss. I almost died with my daughter, so my perinatologist begged me to get my tubes tied and not try again. So, as much as I would love another, I can’t have any more.

Sorry to hear that LED. I’m glad you at least had your daughter.

1 Like

i think you need a man

One thing to think about is the social aspect of being much older than other parent’s of kids your age. Mr star and I are about 10 years younger than all Starlet’s friends’ parents. As a result they don’t have a lot they want to talk to us about. They sort of snub us. Then again, that could just be the gay thing. Or the trans thing.

there was a clinic where a doctor gave a lot of women his sperm and he has lots of children now

Ok that’s something to consider. At least you have your little family.

1 Like

I used Actimel formula and a Tommy Tippee Machine!

I think it is a real problem that we have the potential to break down at a misfortunate time. However, there are mother and baby units, good health care teams and you just need to have something in place in case you do. You absolutely have to have at least one other person to share the experience with you or you will find it really hard on your own…

I think my niece was that age when she had hers.

1 Like

My aunt was 36 with her first and 41 with her second. It took her longer than usual to get pregnant, but she did it. My one cousin does have special needs, though. The increased risk of genetic abnormalities isn’t too high, it goes from .5% to 1%. But it is a possibility with any pregnancy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.