Is 39 to old to have a baby?

I had my baby girl age 39 in 2017. I was therefore an older mum and on an antipsychotic. It is hard work and although I am already tired, it requires a lot of energy. I still don’t know how I got through every night feed! Having said that, she is the best thing I have ever done and is absolutely loving and loved! I have no help from the wider family with her, just my husband and we are divorcing!

4 Likes

I dont think its too old, nope :slight_smile: Go for it, if you feel ready. Plenty of girls around me give birth now around their 40s. Its not a big deal, really.
Hugs

2 Likes

Cool that really gives me hope. I’m really scared of getting I’ll when pregnant or after I have the baby. Was this a fear for you? Have you been fine? If it goes how I hope I will have been stable for 5 years.

Did you bottle feed because of the anti psychotics?

I breastfed on haldol with no issues.

Did you ask for medical advise before doing so?

Yeah. I got it approved through my perinatologist. I was on haldol during my pregnancy, too.

Cool great to know. I would love to breastfeed. How long were you stable for before having a baby? Has your health been ok since having a baby?

1 Like

my mom was 43 when she had me

1 Like

how did you do that?

I was trying to conceive off and on for about 8 years. I was stable for about a year when I got pregnant. Was hospitalized with psychosis during the pregnancy because I wasn’t getting enough sleep. Then again when she was 2. But I’ve not been psychotic since then.

What age is she now? Did you have support around you when you got ill?

She’s almost 5. I have my husband. He’s very supportive.

i cant have a baby

Great. I’m glad it all worked out for you.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that

What age were you when you had a baby if you don’t mind me asking?

My daughter was born when I was 30.

Would you like more? Do you think I he anti psychotics made it harder to conceive?

i am a man and i am crazy so no woman would ever look at me

do you have a boyfriend?