Invega Sustenna treat negative symptoms?

Hi. I’m new here and have been on Invega Sustenna injections for just over a month now. It’s helped a lot with my positive symptoms and I’m happy with it. My negative symptoms couldn’t be worse. Does anyone know if it will help me with negative symptoms eventually? I’m wondering if the medicine has peaked or if it will continue to help me feel better. No motivation to do ANYTHING. I don’t like pills so was hoping this would work eventually. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey, I take invega sustenna as well, my negatives kinda got better over time. I’m not sure it’s the med or my will power, but I’m able to do stuff now that I wasn’t before.

1 Like

@Kate, I’m afraid it all comes down to what type of schizophrenia you have. If you’re experiencing strong negative symptoms, try Abilify of Vrylar (the latter is only available in the US). You can also try the supplement called Sarcosine, it has helped many people on this forum. If none of the above make a difference to your symptoms, then I’m afraid you’ll have to grit your teeth and wait for better treatments - this is what I’m doing right now, so I commiserate with you !

Thanks for your reply and I’m glad to hear it’s gotten better for you. Best of luck.

1 Like

Andrey, thanks for the tip. I think I’ll ask about Abilify and Vrylar when I go in next week. I’ve heard of Sarcosine but it sounds like I need to look at that more closely too. I will definitely be waiting for better treatments. Sorry to hear you’re struggling as well. Such a difficult illness, but they make advances in these meds fairly quickly. (That’s me looking on the bright side!) :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know about Invega treating negative symptoms but it definitely has eliminated most of the positive symptoms. It took about a good 5 - 8 months of consistently taking the medications for me to come back down to reality. Now it’s just a matter of finding the right medication to balance all this out.

1 Like

It has removed the positive symptoms for me. But not the negative.

It made my negatives 250 times worse

There is no medication that treat negative symptoms…but they all are coming… life sucks…

1 Like

I am the opposite. I don’t like injections and I like pills. my negative symptoms are bad too. risperidone only seems to worsen them.

1 Like