Imaginative Figure Drawing

I’m still working on my Clown’s Trailer… but have recently burnt out from studying too much. I felt like just drawing the figure from the imagination. I still have a long ways to go, but I do see some progress.

I’m going to do some more figures today!

22 Likes

This is great. It has an amazing feel of kinetic energy. You are very talented. And because of that I despise you!

2 Likes

8 Likes

Wow really good. One of the most difficult things I find in drawing is being able to nail certain poses, like if you want to do an original piece. Sometimes I can’t find a reference anywhere and end up trying to use multiple different pics to get the specific pose I want which isn’t ideal.

What do you use for your poses?

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is without reference, Anna. I draw in Photoshop.

3 Likes

Jeez!!! That is some talent!! Especially when it’s a mid-motion pose. I can’t do that.

1 Like

7 Likes

7 Likes

love your work…you have some talent!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @rogueone! Thank you everyone else for the kind comments. I’m going to draw some more today!

3 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

I like your work a lot. You have a clean and precise stroke. It gives the impression that you feel comfortable with the pencil and that you have a natural talent.
Congrats!!

1 Like

Thank you so much, @FRY! More drawings to come!

1 Like

You are very talented @anon41720500!
Cool drawings!

2 Likes

Thank you very much, @Wave! :grinning:

2 Likes

Very well done. What sort of software is Photoshop? Any free downloads for it? Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Borath,

Thank you for the kind comment!

Photoshop is a bit overkill if you just want to sketch. I would recommend Autodesk Sketchbook (https://sketchbook.com/). Sketchbook is free, whereas Photoshop requires a subscription.

Personally, I use Photoshop with a Wacom Intuos Tablet and a plugin called ‘Lazy Nezumi Pro’, because I do a lot more with painting and because Photoshop has superior plugin capabilities. If you’re looking to just try out the concept of digital sketching (and painting), I would recommend Sketchbook with a cheap Wacom tablet (probably an Intuos).

Sketchbook has layer capabilities, as well, so you can sketch a rough, then overlay a smooth trace afterwards, which is the process that I use.

If you really want to use Photoshop (a very powerful image-editing program), I’d recommend getting a Wacom tablet, then getting the plugin ‘Lazy Nezumi Pro’ to smooth out your strokes. Sketchbook has its own internal smoothing engine, however, by stark contrast.

I like overkill, so Photoshop suits me!

3 Likes