I'm trying to get healthier with a Juice Extracter

I am a terror for unhealthy eating. I love crisps, choccy and sandwiches. Therefore, in order to encourage my unhealthy practices I am going to invest in a juicer and boost my vitamin intake!

3 Likes

What fruits are you going to juice?

1 Like

Is it a blender? You should keep the pulp/bits for fiber and more nutrients.

1 Like

I have a vegetable juicer. I have gone on pure vegetable juice cleanses, mostly greens, carrot, and beet. Just juice for 2 weeks, no solid foods. It’s called a “reboot”.

It takes dedication. But I like vegetables, so it wasn’t that difficult for me.

I’ll still drink vegetable juice, on occasion, at health conscious restaurants or vegan restaurants.

Good luck with the juicing.

2 Likes

I have a cold press juicer since I had braces as I couldn’t eat most foods as my teeth hurt. Haven’t used it in a long time, I should sell it.

1 Like

Its big, it looks like this:

1594154825-omega-juicer2-1594154806

1 Like

I did the juice stuff for awhile. I found the clean up a bit more than I wanted to do.

1 Like

It arrived today. I have made a “Green Juice” with kale, cucumber, apple, parsley, celery, lemon juice, water and ginger and a “Carrot Juice” with carrots, apple, an orange, lemon juice and water. The carrot juice tastes better. The juice survives 48 hours in the fridge so I might juice a big batch and refrigerate it. I feel more spritely but that might be placebo affect.

1 Like

I am happy with my juicer. I just rinse it with water after use. My favourite and cheapest ingredients are celery,carrot and apple.

2 Likes

It’s not a blender but a juice extractor so it separates the liquid from the pulp. It is so easy and quick to do I recommend it. The only downfall is that my shopping bill will increase!

yeah i juiced for a couple years. can’t afford it anymore, those juice recipes get expensive. anyways mom is always telling me to use a ninja bullet which is like a blender, it liquifies it but also keeps the fiber. the only problem with juicers is your going to get a lot of sugar. fyi, wouldn’t recommend juicing collard greens, been there done that haha.

2 Likes

Drinking juices is not that healthy @Mouse1977
You lose a lot of fiber when you juice veggies.

It’s healthier to consume solid foods

3 Likes

Yes, that’s true but it’s a better alternative to no veggies at all!

1 Like

Im vegan and its a very healthy diet, and i lost weight too…go for it

1 Like

Only marginally. Have you tried using a blender instead? That way you can still get the benefit of the fiber and stuff? Are you diabetic?

1 Like

I’m not diabetic and suffer no other health issues, just my mental health. I have a blender but it’s difficult to get the blended pulp to taste smooth and flavoursome!

Yes so true @Mouse1977
I didn’t mean to sound so discouraging.

1 Like

You can use the extracted pulp to make cakes. Thats what I used to do, like carrot cake, etc

2 Likes

You can also add some pulp to the juice to get more fiber @Mouse1977

1 Like

That’s a great idea!

1 Like