I'm not a mod, but I want to encourage people on the forum to flag anything they find upsetting!

It doesn’t matter how small it is, we wanna keep this forum a positive environment for everyone. Sometimes the only way to send someone a message they will heed is to get them suspended, or, even better, banned.

Finally, if someone upsets you, send a moderator a PM anonymously, I know I will!

It is a privilege for us to use this forum, lets all work to make it a place we want to continue frequenting.

:sweat_smile:

9 Likes

In order to flag a topic or post, click the three grey dots underneath it, then the flag!

:grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks @Anon10

2 Likes

It’s easy for a culture against flagging to develop, so thank you for encouraging people to flag. We’d rather have a few too many flags than one too few. If the system is abused, we will pick up on that, and if we disagree with a flag, it will be disregarded. If you have a problem with the moderation, bring it up with us instead of lashing out at the people flagging you. Flags are not abusive, they are conducive to a healthy and recovery-oriented atmosphere. The alternative would be to ignore and accept bad behavior or to get into fights over them. So thank you all for your flags (even the ones we disagree with). And do remember that the mods flag posts too, and decide what happens with flags, so if the system tells you your post has been hidden due to community flags, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re disliked by the community.

10 Likes

I disagree with the casual notion of getting people banned from this site. This should only be done very sparingly, and only when every other reasonable approach has been tried first and failed.

So, I took your advice.

5 Likes

I have only occasionally flagged. Sometimes I like to challenge what the person is saying if I think it needs to be. This can be more effective as at least you have the chance to address the behaviour that is being viewed publicly rather than just hiding it from view.

I prefer that.

1 Like