I'm just lazy I think

I don’t know why I am this way. It makes me angry at myself.

2 Likes

There is a difference between avolition and laziness - avolition is when you want to do something but can’t and laziness is when you don’t want to do something.

I want to paint so bad but it’s so hard as I’m in fog so much of the time. Same with cleaning house. It has to get really dirty and dusty before I make any half hearted effort. And brushing my teeth. It’s awful!

1 Like

I wish I didn’t feel this way. I used to bake every week and the house wasn’t sparkly clean but not awful. Now it is totally out of control. I’ll never catch up.

1 Like

Me too, I feel so incompetent and useless. Hubby has to remind me his bathroom needs a clean. When I managed to sweep the stairs last week he was so happy he wanted to take a photo lol!

Unfortunately days like that are few and far between

3 Likes

I think humans are intrinsically lazy. We just have to fight it. If you do it in the end anyway, you are not being lazy. You are just doing it in your own time. No need to be upset with yourself about that.

3 Likes

You’re not lazy, you suffer from Avolition, there’s a difference.
I suffer from Avolition too.

It’s awful!

1 Like

I share the feeling. My daughter told me I have a hoarders starter kit in my apartment!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.