I'm all ready!

I’m signed up for four classes- two sciences, one math, and one ethics-type class. I have courses planned out for the next year and a half, at which time I’ll need to transfer. I’m scared I’ll have to re-take an English class because it’d be kind of embarassing if I didn’t make a very high grade. This semester is online for me. And yep, everything is in order! I start in mid-January.

I am so, so excited and had to share!

29 Likes

Professor Happy_H in the making. :grin:

3 Likes

Sounds great @Happy_H!
Congratulations!

3 Likes

Good luck :four_leaf_clover: with it !

2 Likes

Mid January is not far away. Best of wishes!

1 Like

Good luck with the classes

2 Likes

Thanks, @FreeLunch, @Zoe, @everhopeful, @Wave, @schizophrenisaurus!!! I’m taking the courses online for now while I get in physical shape again. I’m hoping to be good to go by summer, and if not, fall will be fine, too. I just need to get to that point. And I’m determined to get there!

8 Likes

Wishing you all the best. Im sure you will do well.

3 Likes

Which science classes are you taking? That sounds like a great class schedule!

2 Likes

knock knock? whos there ?

• the science lecture
1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

well great ! enjoy your studies.

1 Like

Thanks @TheCanuk @spirit_weaver, @CoCo @Aziz @jukebox!

The science classes are Bio I and Chem I. I’ve taken Biology before, but I want to be successful, so I figured that re-taking it after so long was a good idea. Same with the math I’m taking.

4 Likes

Oh wow :nerd_face:

1 Like

Just remember since it sounds like you haven’t taken chemistry before, theres no shame in getting tutoring. Most schools offer it for free. That way you’ll be very successful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Happy_H ,I’m happy that you are ok.
Your enthusiasm sounds great :v:

1 Like

I thought the same thing, @Coco! I’m willing to take up tutoring in any class. The only class I’ve done poorly in my whole college career was statistics. I’m actually taking the general math course to help me prep for stat, even though I’ve taken and done very well in math… just not stat. Then again, I took it over the summer and online; it was an awful decision for that particular course.

To help me get ready for walking the campus, hubby is going to drop me off at the bus stop, then I’ll make my way to the buildings. Once I reach them, I can go home. After a couple of months, though, I’ll do something like stop at the library and sit for a couple of hours before walking back and getting picked up. Then we’ll add in a backpack. I really, really, want to be prepared, and I think physically I’m less prepped than mentally. Walking and sitting are my enemies rn, so I’m going to fight against them through practice and slow integration into my routine, like I’ve described above.

Thank you, @dreamer54 @CoCo @anon28667878 for your support. <3

2 Likes

Congratulations on your academic journey!

Are you going to community college?

I recently applied to an online program at my local university.

Community college for pre-reqs to a Master’s program at a local University. I may just straight out get the associate’s, too, though, because I’d be about two classes short. I can test out of English and some others, so that saves classes.

2 Likes

You’re a rock star, ma’am!

:sunglasses:

1 Like