If you could only take 3 vitamins and supplements what would they be?

Can you do me a big favor sometime down the track? Could you replace the Sarcosine with some Glycine and let me know the effects? To me they are so similar that if I were blind folded I couldnt tell the difference - both in taste etc and effects. I cant seem to find anyone else that has tried both.

Glycine is critical to keep taking even if you dont feel effects as it the major inhibitory neurotransmitter (along with Gaba). I can notice if I dont take it after a few days I get too speedy.

An Opti-Men multivitamin (found here), to address potential mineral deficiencies (this brand is good since they use vitamin and mineral amounts above the RDI, which can address potential deficiencies, and they suggest taking 3 a day, and theyā€™re rated 4.4 out of 5 with 1,972 ratings)

Niacin (for increased blood flow to the brain, reduces anxiety and lowers voices a few notches)

Vitamin C (to help repair my suspected brain damage)

1 Like

What Glycine do you take @unaventures Link?

Yeah Iā€™ve tried that @naturallycured. Good stuff.

1 Like

Actually after taking the NAC I could do without the Sarcosine. The NAC basically cures the feeling Iā€™m being controlled. Sarcosine sometimes takes the control feeling away for a couple minutes. The NAC takes the feeling of being controlled away all the time. Helping my symptoms wise Iā€™d give NAC a 10/10 and the Sarcosine a 5/10. If something is like Sarcosine I donā€™t know if I want to try it. I just looked up Glycine and it looks good though. I canā€™t decide if I want the pills or powder. And I guess you have to take it at bedtime.

Very wise ! If it aint broke - dont try and fix it !
Well done that you have found something that works. ā€œ10/10ā€ Wow thats a big wrap for NAC :slight_smile: ā€¦I better dig mine out and give it another go. When do you take it and how much ?

This is the brand I take

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-NAC-600-mg-100-Veg-Capsules/37836

I take 600 mg when I wake up then an hour later I take another 600 mg. Then at lunch I take 600 mg then an hour later I take another 600mg. I guess itā€™s a little higher than the suggested dose. But when I take 1200 mg at a time I have an upset stomach. So usually waiting an hour for the second half of a dose helps.

1 Like

Another plus for NAC is that hospitals use it to reverse the liver damage from overdosing on Tylenol (acetaminophen). Taking a NAC pill alongside a Tylenol pill will prevent it from hurting your liver. This is useful for chronic pain, where you have to take lots of Tylenol to feel better.

2 Likes

I have a fatty liver with messed up enzymes. Iā€™ve also overdosed on aspirin. Maybe thatā€™s why itā€™s helping so much.

2 Likes

vitamin D, fish oil, and vitamin C.

2 Likes

Geez that must have been awful. You look like possibly 180 pounds ā€¦so thats a LOT of tablets ā€¦:frowning:

ā€œIngestion of aspirin and similar drugs
(salicylates) can lead to rapid (acute) poisoning due to an overdose.
The dose necessary to cause acute poisoning, however, is quite large. A
person weighing about 150 pounds would have to consume more than thirty 325-miligram tablets to develop even mild poisoning.ā€

I was 220 lbs in the photo I posted. I took a whole bottle of aspirin(over 100 pills). edited parts out

1 Like

Yeah. I think its quite easy to OD on APAP - like say over 8 tabs in a 12 hour period or somethingā€¦So that makes sense to take NAC jointly - great Idea! :slight_smile:

Just reading this article which suggests that they should do exactly what you are suggesting and mix NAC with APAP in the tablets , but they cant because NAC is considered a ā€œdrugā€ā€¦go figure.

Interesting article that looks at combining Methioine with Cysteine as Cysteine is derived from Methionine anyway (also includes Serine)

1 Like