Schizophrenia.com

If you could choose would you rather be

A cleaner

A carer

A retail store Assistant

And why?

(these are my 3 options atm)

3 Likes

I would a cleaner cause it would involve the least social interaction.

5 Likes

Cleaner would be the least stressful of those options

2 Likes

Well, I’ve always secretly wanted to be horse racing jockey but I’m too short and don’t weigh enough. I’m already a cleaner so I would say a retail store assistant just for a change of pace. Do I get Christmas Eve off?

4 Likes

It depends. Some places you can’t get Xmas eve off. Some places you can if you let them know in advance.

2 Likes

Best job I ever experienced was being an administrative assistant for a VP of a bank. Just phones, lots of typing, coffee, run errands, book flights. If I could go back in time that would have been my career.

2 Likes

I choose Carer. I would treat my clients the way I would like to be treated.

4 Likes

Retail. It’s fun. Time flies. Keeps you maxed busy, I might have continued if I had been compliant

Cleaning would bore me
My place would be a tip

I’d find caring stressful as hell

2 Likes

Sounds like a Kobiyashi Maru. Time to reprogram the simulator.

3 Likes

Carer, because I need care and i can relate.

2 Likes

I don’t know what you mean?

@Three, yea I’m thinking carer work might be too stressful I’ll be worrying about making mistakes all the time that could have serious consequences because the clients are vulnerable

2 Likes

Those are sound like a lot of hard work. What was your most previous role? Was it like that?

Also you said somewhere that ‘you’re slow’ at work?

Maybe just maybe, reality testing now would show much improvement there… ?

2 Likes

I was a cleaner for a month in 2019 or 2020. I also did a one week trial in an office for a receptionist role. It all sucked. But I feel somewhat different now than back then and I think by March I can cope with work. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I would love being a baker again in a certain workplace, but mental illness stuffed it up. I rather get paid zillions $$$ being on this forum and be myself, cause the others are taken.

2 Likes

i choose carer… it’s prob really rewarding being able to help others. But if the social part is too much then i choose cleaner.

2 Likes

All those jobs could either suck or rule, depending on a number of factors. Working conditions, tasks, expected pace, coworkers, etc.

4 Likes

Id pick a cleaner as well

2 Likes

I’d be a cleaner cause you can run your own business eventually. That means working alone if you want or with a Friend, choosing your own hours, what jobs you take on etc.

Best of luck man I know you can do it

2 Likes

Thanks Kevondapoet.

I will try my best or try to try my best lol.

2 Likes

Lol stay positive yo don’t let sz hold you back go after your goals

2 Likes