If anyone is interested in the harm of sugar and why it's available to us everywhere in high doses

What do they have to profit off of? What drugs are they pushing?Whos paying them? If it does sound far fetched that does’nt mean overgrowth does’nt exist no matter how bad it effects some people. Americans comsume the worst diet so it does’nt surprise me if it is a problem here.

And ofcourse i agree sugar is bad whether candida overgrowth or addiction or the other many bad things caused by it.

Step 1: Create fear of a nonexistent condition
Step 2: Provide remedies in the form of supplements to cure said condition
Step 3: Profit

1 Like

The goal is to get you to switch to a bunch of ■■■■■■■■ health foods that aren’t really any better than anything you can get at the regular grocery store. Stuff like this is the reason whole foods stays in business despite being a cataclysmic black hole of douchey marketing

I have to disagree with you there, eating healthier is better for you than the opposite. Organic market is thriving and for a good reason, 200 years ago everything was organic, there was no label nor a need for a label. Now you have waxed apples and a bunch of chemicals that are harmful consumed regularly and basically people don’t give a ■■■■, leading to a multiplicity of imbalances in the body.

I agree with you on homeopathy though, quack

2 Likes

You don’t have to take supplements, cutting sugar is usually enough. Garlic and coconut oil from the grocery store would be the only supplements.

What makes food inorganic? Am I eating metal or something? Old tires? I’m not saying don’t eat healthy, but the organic food market abuses your attention exactly the same way.

2 Likes

I don’t actually know how it is in the US, but here the organic market thrives for not using chemicals sprayed on the vegetables, for example. I agree that the gluten thing is an overreaction, some people are sensitive to it but that’s it. Don’t agree it’s a cause for sz for example, like some say.

Than there’s the whole gmo situation, here in the EU they’re forbidden in almost every country except here in Portugal and Spain, and we’re hoping that changes soon.

Inorganic meaning no chemicals sprayed, no gmo seeds.

1 Like

Yeah, I think anywhere people see a profit, they push it as far as it can go. But asparagus water isn’t representative of all of organic food. There’s plenty of nonsense in the organic food industry, but it’s kind of like five bladed razors vs two. The idea of the razor itself isn’t the problem.

1 Like

Gluten sensitivity has been proven to not exist in any form. There is celiac disease, and nothing else. As for GMO, GMO products are awesome. Here’s Neil DeGrasse Tyson’s viewpoint.

That’s one opinion, I actually share the other one. They’re not that cool, but not the thread for that discussion.

1 Like

Did you watch the video?

Yes, and I’m fully aware of the pros of gmos, and just because I like neil degrasse tyson that doesn’t mean I agree with him. Again, not the thread for this discussion.

This thread got derailed a while ago.

Alright, to simply put it… I think gmos are also a profit machine that perpetuate the killing of the soil, the usage of chemicals when other plants can do the same job, or simply changing strategy on farming. There are a number of possibilities of alternatives that can be used, but those are not profitable or too hippie, therefore not used as much. There are people in favour of it, namely in China where the use of nitroxide (I think that’s how its called) in plantations of rice is a big problem that gmos can solve, and they are not changing their farming methods because they probably don’t know about other alternatives. It’s a profit machine because it puts farmers dependent on the seeds because they can’t reproduce (that’s actually a good thing), but the bad thing is it contaminates other plantations.

Here in Europe is mandatory to express your intention to grow gmos and the harm they can make to organic plantations so when a person decides to grow them, it has to be with the neighbours consent.

The solution is to push for better GMO products, because traditional farming uses pesticides as well, and also does a great deal of damage to the soil. It created the dust bowl.

Pesticide resistant GMO’s are not the solution we would like them to be, but that isn’t a reason to write off the science, because they’re working on products that don’t need pesticides at all, are disease resistant, and provide more food. We are getting too big for this planet, and we need to start using resources more efficiently.

I lived in a rural area for three years, and the farmers, you know, the real ones, like the ones that live off it, eat non pulverized vegetables, and sell the pulverized ones. It’s sick man, the whole thing.

That’s why I prefer organic, but I don’t shove it down people’s throats, it’s my choice. Leave me beeeee :smile: