I went to two voice hearing/ psychosis groups this week

the first was pretty cool. in the sense that I did not feel intimidated to talk! …yay…but I would not hang out with any of the people. a bit like here. u feel free to open up, safe to do so, but not to see them outside the group

the second one was so intimidating. cos the facilitator was really scary to me :frowning:

oh well, my search for a good mi groups continues

what kind of social interaction do u get?

4 Likes

I have a support group I go to. It’s full of really nice people. I also have friends. I don’t see them often but we text a lot and I have them over for dinner sometimes. I used to go to the clubhouse and I liked it. That was my initial socialization after I stopped working and started hiding out in my house. I think it really helped me a lot.

1 Like

How many people are in your support group, do u go once per week?

I get social interaction at work and with my parents but that’s about it.

I tried a group before but dropped out of the sessions as it was really dragging me down as it wasn’t very positive at all.

2 Likes

I see my psychiatrist every 2ish month, and my therapist every month with her intern and sometimes another therapist there too when she has time :grimacing:

I dont go to group therapy, never got anything out of it. I got a handful of friends I talk to on messenger and my dad and stepmom that I live with here in Germany.

But I still lack vocal interactions throughout the month even though I shouldn’t feel that way, I do. :neutral_face: lol

1 Like

I tried some cbt but I failed the assessment and they sent me elsewhere. The other place did not take my insurance so I quit.

1 Like

I feel like I know everything there is to know about sz after being on here, I am not sure what I would get from going to one of these groups.

2 Likes

I was going to this AA group, and everyone in it was saying things like, “Life was hell when I drank, and I’ve been sober for over a year, and life is still miserable.” At the time, that kind of talk helped me. I guess misery loves company. But one time I was watching this film on depression, and it was saying, “It’s okay to be depressed. Lots of people are depressed”, and the film was depressing the ■■■■ out of me. How you relate to a group largely depends on your frame of mind at the time. One size doesn’t fit all, and what might comfort one person can make another feel miserable. Luckily, in any town of very much size there are usually at least half a dozen AA meetings, each with its own character. In big cities there are a lot more meetings than that. You can afford to shop around. Keep trying until you find a group that helps you.

2 Likes

You get to feel less isolated by being with people who experience similar things. N it’s nice to open up to people face to face too.
I’m not fully satisfied with this forum on its own. Tbh

1 Like

Yes. It’s once per week. There’s 6 of us but up to 15 are allowed

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @Ajax005

1 Like

What was it about the facilitator that scared you?

I’ve always wanted to attend a group like that but there are never any around, I suppose either it’s a very rare problem or people just don’t want to admit it to others. AA groups are super common, by comparison.

1 Like

She was really pretty and I found that intimidating for some reason. I lost balance of how to be normal in that group

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.