I went to a bipolar group. I don't think I have it at all

They way they describe their moods sounds so much more extreme than my "anxiety "

2 Likes

The mood swings of bipolar disorder are severe. They’re much more than just the kind of moodiness that regular people experience. When I get depressed it can last for months and prevents me from doing much of anything. My mania and hypomanias aren’t that bad, usually only lasting a week or so. That being said, it is different for everybody. It also depends if you’re on medication or not. My meds keep the big, bad moods at bay mostly.

Edit: I am sza bipolar type, btw.

1 Like

No, my manias and depression can become severe.
Lately I’ve been mood cycling a bit and this can be a problem.

1 Like

I’ll bet it felt good to know there’s a type of suffering that you don’t have to experience. If you’re anything like me, you tend to think that there can be no worse feelings than the headache of having sz .:eyeglasses:

1 Like

Did you get another psych evaluation @anon80629714?

1 Like

All my hospitalizations are from when I was bipolar and not treated with lithium. I was literally out of my mind. Mania will make you think and do things you would never ordinarily even consider as a good idea

3 Likes

Have not heard back from them yet. May need to go private. :flushed:

1 Like

What’s worse BP or SZ?

I don’t think you can say. I think sometimes having sz is worse than Bp and vice versa. Very individual thing.

2 Likes

Generally speaking BP has a better prognosis than SZ but it varies.
I suffer with bipolar type 1 with psychotic features and this variant is very similar to SZA bipolar type.
I become psychotic and experience delusions, hallucinations and paranoia.

Like @anon80629714 said, it depends.

3 Likes

@disciple

I also have sza, bipolar type, mixed AND rapid cycling. Ptsd, gad w agoraphobia. It’s a wonder I can function.

I do, though, and I use humor. It helps SHRUG

2 Likes

Yeah i get mixed episodes as well. I used to get euphoric manias when i was younger but as i’ve aged they have begun to run together with the depression. Agitated and irritable. It’s terrible.

1 Like

I went to a Depression/Bipolar Support Alliance group for many years. My problems were very different from the majority of the members there. I suffered from psychotic symptoms. They suffered mostly from mood symptoms like depression, the majority of them. They could not relate to what I was going through. But, they acted as a sounding board for my complaints. And for that, I am grateful to them.

Ate your psychotic symptoms associated with mania or depression only?

I know definitely when I’m manic or mixed - mania with depression.
But I think that I can also experience psychotic symptoms when I’m depressed too.

1 Like

That’s why your bipolar with psychotic features, cause it’s only during extremes. That should be sz but it isn’t. I can tell you that it’s good enough for disability in the USA but bipolar isn’t. That was my dx at disability. If your disabled by this then you belong here

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.