I went on Find My Past

@firemonkey if you know of a better one. Was trying to find out more about my father.

Did a free trial for find my past, but the details were not what I was looking for, and the newspapers were behind a pay wall.

I did find out that ironically, he died at the age I am now. (37)

Not sure if I was hallucinating, but my aunt told me a long time ago that I had a half brother.

This may well be supported, as I see he had married very young before he married my father.

Want to get some more detail on his death certificate, coroner record or anything in the papers

There was some website where I think relatives from that side of my family were posting.

Have made a comment there, but it has not been commented on for nearly two years now

Is this a sign of things to come? I do not know what the future holds.

1 Like

It’s not a sign.

If you quit smoking you’ll get likely old :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The best free of charge websites for finding your UK ancestors - Family Tree (family-tree.co.uk)

1 Like

Thanks @firemonkey

I tried one of the links on that site. Was unable to find anything more than a brief Probate record that had no info, and his address.

I wish I could help you more.

1 Like

It’s ok. I guess much of the info I need is probably on a piece of paper somewhere.

Do you have any older relatives you can talk to about him?

I could speak to my mother

Don’t want to upset her though

This was 34 years ago that it came to an end

Have only been given very top line details by some of my aunts

1 Like

What are you meaning by ‘top line details’?

1 Like

Nothing really good

They told me he was an alcoholic, a cheater and that he blew all is customers money on his habit.

He left my mother in loads of debt

They also said he had his own mechanics garage

Also he has nearly a dozen brothers and sisters

But not sure if digging deeper into this is going to go well

Have not had any contact with his family since he died

Was wondering if it’s best to leave sleeping dogs lay is what they say

Think there was a blame game and my mother was blamed for his suicide by his family

My advice would be don’t delve into further if it would result in a worsening of your/and or your mother’s mental well being.

1 Like

Ok makes sense I will leave it

@Bowens could you look when able?

Thanks

Look at what @Joker ? This thread?

Oh sorry I meant to say could you lock

1 Like