I was feeling creative this day

So I did a painting.

Do you like it, sort of like it, love it, hate it?

I wasn’t trying to be a perfectionist today more going with feelings.

27 Likes

@Dude1 I tried to draw you but it was too hard.

Accurate portraiture is not my thing unless it’s a one off day…

Hope it’s okay.

2 Likes

Finally new one. It’s great, your style :v:

4 Likes

Heya Thankyou @anon82938303 :smiley:

3 Likes

This painting is amazing. Very nice work. Here are two I’m working on. One is all of Philadelphias mascots doing the abbey road crossing. The other is a buck and a doe for a friend who hunts. I’m having trouble with that one. It’s a very blurry picture I’m painting off of and I have to make sense of it.

11 Likes

Wow you are great at art. I especially like the top one, so much talent :art::art::art::art::art:

I had no idea

@pasteyface

2 Likes

How long has the top one taken you so far and what medium are you using?

2 Likes

Thanks. I used to do a lot of art in high school. I’m relearning how to use acrylic paints. I made the buck more brown. It’s too grey in this picture. Although bucks can be grey it just looks weird. And his one leg is too skinny. It’ll look better once the background and foreground are done. It’s a wooded background. Lots of trees and sticks. I’m finding it very difficult but am slowly getting it done.

3 Likes

I started it like a year ago and didn’t like how it looked. I finished half the buck and thought it looked stupid. I spent about 5 hours the other day finishing the buck and doe.

3 Likes

Probably 7 hours total so far.

3 Likes

Honestly, it’s really not bad at all.

Especially the one in the foreground of the 2 animals. It’s perfect, if we are talking realism.

The other one is good too.

I’m like you, I definitely struggle with it in terms of getting it how I want. It doesn’t feel natural and fluent enough to me.

But yours turned out well so far

Thanks for sharing :pray:

2 Likes

Here is the most up to date photo. You can see the color change on the buck and the start of the background. One tree done! Lol

7 Likes

I love it. :+1:

This must be satisfying for you to see the results. So far and onwards

2 Likes

Yeah for sure. It’s turning out a lot better than I thought it would. I’ve never done animals in paint before so this is a new challenge. I’m going to do an owl for my dad when I’m done this one. Or a fox.

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement. Your painting is really good. I’m horrible at faces. That takes a lot of talent

3 Likes

Thanks… Well I did try. It’s tough doing faces but I’m intrigued by painting faces. So much expression there of emotion.

Good luck with the painting. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks. Keep up your painting. It’s amazing.

3 Likes

I thank you for trying. There are some very talented artists in this forum. My niece is 17 and she wants to go into art and take classes.

3 Likes

Yea I really did try to draw you. I will try again another day maybe. Good luck to your niece. It sounds like a good idea.

2 Likes

Love it @Zoe , nice work :grinning:

2 Likes