I want to Go Back on Geodon

I’ve had it with Clozapine. I still get voices. I get it that I could have the dosage bumped up a little more, but I’m losing my life. I’m sleepy/tired ALL THE TIME. And I have to fight with two doctor’s offices and a pharmacy every damn week just to get them to fill the prescription, because there’s weekly bloodwork involved.

I went on Clozapine paired with ECT, hoping I would get better. But I’m not. I just spent the last year staring at walls and reading. Occasionally, going out with my sister or parents.

I have no friends here. How could I make any? I’d have to hide my diagnosis. And I’m not working, so I don’t have that to talk about.

I want to feel more clear headed to work on my art, my words, and my singing.

ECT has destroyed my memory. For a moment, there, I thought it was working! I was all excited. And then… bam. The whole thing just stopped.

I want to go back on Geodon and Lamictal.

Thanks for letting me vent. I have no life, and I just need to spill. And get back to my work, even though I’m not getting paid for it. Yet. I’m going to be optimistic and say, “yet.”

9 Likes

It’s about your quality of life,

And if you think you’d be better on Geodon,

You need to express that to your doctor.

I’m sorry you’re suffering like this.

It’s been a difficult journey for you.

Best of luck with your med changes.

4 Likes

Thanks, @Charles_Foster!

Yeah… my life… I keep trying to do things with it, and then it’s like I get a wall up, stopping me and my brain.

I don’t know if Geodon would be better, but if I recall correctly, I was still creating digital art in my iPad. I want to do that again,

4 Likes

You just do “What you got to do” - No one is going to judge you.

Its a bit of a lottery anyway, until you finally find what med works for your personally.

We are all on our own personal journeys of recovery, and what might fit me, probably wont fit you. We are all different.

4 Likes

I would definitely find a alternative to how things are for you know. Explain to your doctor your quality of life and that you need improvement. Ask for options. Maybe go back to how it was before or ask what’s behind door number 3. Maybe they have a suggestion that is worth trying.

2 Likes

Going back on Geodon sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

I havent heard of Geodon, but i just wanted to say that i can totally relate to the ECT stuff. I did it 3 times a week for 6 months last year, and it destroyed my memory. It was terrible. I totally regret doing it. It turned me into a robot with dying batteries. Everyone thought i was using drugs again. Ugh.

1 Like

Pandy thats an intetesting hobby making digital art on Ipad. You see I bought the newest Ipad pro with M2 processor and a pen last year in nov. I downloaded a painting program called pro create if I remembet right. I haven’t used it yet. Just like you I going true a medication correction that consist of lowering my LAI because I suspect that that’s the course of my cognitive problems. I’ll just will wish you good luck with the Geodon and hope that you achieve what you want with the meds swap.

1 Like

Thank you! I love Procreate. I made so much art with it, but due to the ECT, I can’t remember how I used it.

Hopefully a change in medication and stopping the ECT will get me back to it.

Definitely play around with Proceate!! It’s a fantastic program!

Geodon was a good med for me. Lamictal as well.

Hoping they can get you set up.

2 Likes

Me too. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m allso forgettable just like you pandy because I use a to high dose of meds.
I hope and **** that you get a resolution to the problems once you restart the Geodon.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like

Tell your pdoc you want to go back on your geodon and lamictal. Clozapine didn’t much like me I kept passing out. It’s trial and error usually but there’s no reason not to go back. I hope you’ll be okay.

I hope that you find a solution to this fast @Pandy

I’m sorry for your suffering

1 Like