I’ve never been in hospital

When I was ill I used to travel to the hospital or community treatment team via train on my own. I was in psychosis. Don’t know how I did it. :confused:

1 Like

I’ve never done inpatient either. However I can think of several times where inpatient would have been a wise decision, and times where I wish I had been hospitalized. Oh well.

I feel this is an unusual thing, as most people with sza or sz I feel like only end up finding out they have this disorder after being hospitalized during their first episode and then diagnosed. But I had experienced strange things for so long I knew to hide them and how to play them off so I avoided it.

3 Likes

I avoided hospital whilst psychotic. Wonderful parents wouldn’t let me go …owe them quite a lot which is why I stay at their place still at 47 and help pay the bills. The least I can do!

3 Likes

I was also hospitalized voluntarily. My dad took me to see a pdoc, we had a nice chat, he reckoned I was psychotic and at the end of the meeting he asked me “do you think you need help?” and I said yes, but only because I was delusional about a chip implanted in my brain, so I wanted surgery. I signed a form and that was that. I ended up in hospital taking APs (I didn’t even know what they were giving me lol). Fortunately they released me after two weeks because I was stable and in my right mind once again.

1 Like

I’ve only been hospitalized once for a suicide attempt. I wanted to hospitalize myself again, last time I was in a really bad psychotic episode, but I never did because it would cost too much. Idk how I made it out of that episode alive.

1 Like

Been in hospital seven times but all were voluntary as I knew I couldn’t cope or function.