I’ve been super happy today

Feels like too much adrenalin and excitement but it’s not mania I don’t think… I’m just happy they hiring me in the hospital… my partner said I am too excited and trying to calm me down.
Can triggers like this cause temporary mania.

7 Likes

I’ve been feeling better throughout the day, too. I always wonder if it’s mania or not, because most of the time I feel super dull.

I’m sure you’re just excited you got hired. Nothing wrong with that!

4 Likes

Nothing wrong init but there is an underlying fear it could all go wrong at the same time :disappointed:

1 Like

Do you have a tendency to get manic? Maybe go to some of your coping mechanisms – music, art, TV, whatever that may be. Perhaps contact your pdoc if your coping mechanisms don’t work. I wish you well!

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll try and find some coping mechanisms if it continues.

1 Like

I get super happy like that too I feel its mania sometimes but it goes away in less than a day and i feel normal again.

2 Likes

I like being super happy while it lasts, usually a couple of hours. I think exercising or walking is a great way to channel that energy.

1 Like

I hate labeling all my happiness as mania which feels like what happened after my diagnosis. Sometimes I just want to allow myself to be happy you know?

As long as it doesn’t turn into insomnia or a shopping binge, I say enjoy it.

Also @anon19606225 i love your avatar!

4 Likes

Hey thank you :grinning: Rocko’s Modern Life is just too awesome lol.

2 Likes

Have you seen the Rocko movie they released a couple years back? It’s called static shock and I think it’s on Netflix.

1 Like

It’s on my watchlist along the one they made about Invader Zim.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.