Schizophrenia.com

I think this painting is finished

I’ll know for sure in a few days as it sits. @Rhubot, what do you think?

23 Likes

Nice work. 15 15

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

Man I love that!. I love the lighting on the faces and the emotions I feel from it. Fantastic work!

3 Likes

Expert crafting. Nice work. What is it called when you create an area on the picture the average viewer is going to focus on?

1 Like

What emotions do you feel when you look at this? I’m always interested in that :slight_smile: Thank you for the compliment! And @Apathy, thank you! I don’t know the term. Is it focal point?

2 Likes

It could be. Whatever it is you did great work with it on their heads.

2 Likes

A feeling of joy when one person cheers up another. It reminds me of how i hug my friend when she is down. Like the someone loves you no matter what you’ve done or who you are.

5 Likes

In the aspect of one kissing the other, it is the same feeling but with romance

1 Like

Is this an oil painting? Light in the darkness, it is a good work, yes? What meaning does it hold for you @Hedgehog?

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, @Hedgehog, I don’t know what to say! It’s beautiful! It’s so tender and protective! I’m moved by the darkness of the surroundings - frightening but with its own beauty - in contrast to the light shining down and almost out of their faces.

I love it, @Hedgehog! You have such a gift!

3 Likes

It’s you, @Rhubot, so I’m glad you see the protection and tenderness. Thank you for inspiring it by being such a lovely soul. :heart:

2 Likes

Such a beautiful painting. It brings to mind a guardian angel protecting and consoling someone, or perhaps a mother protecting and consoling her child.

4 Likes

Thank you! It is an acrylic on canvas. I’m much too impatient (and sensitive to odors) to paint with oils. :blush: I was inspired by someone’s story on here actually. Sometimes I’ll be moved by a story, and/or someone’s spirit, and I see angels in a scene over and over. They appear until I paint them.

3 Likes

Got me choked-up, @Sharp. I really appreciate your sharing that. :heart:

1 Like

Excellence!!!

4 Likes

The light is very warm to me and the faces without human features has me reflecting on reincarnation

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I also like the strokes flow. It reminds me of spirit of winds

3 Likes

I agree - she does so much with movement and light and posture. It just takes my breath away.

3 Likes