I see biscuits and gravy in my future

We’re going out to breakfast again. I just want something different today. They have good gravy. I’m getting that.

15 Likes

Will you have biscuits and gravy in your future?

@discobot fortune

4 Likes

:crystal_ball: Better not tell you now

2 Likes

Lol :joy:

15 characters

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

@discotbot display help

1 Like

@discobot display help

2 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times. — Napoleon Hill

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

Why would you eat biscuits with gravy?!?!?!?!

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

American biscuits are a quick bread, savory not sweet.

3 Likes

6 Likes

That looks like a scone. But the sauce doesn’t look like the gravy you’d put on a roast dinner? What’s the sauce made out of?

1 Like

Haha. Yeah here in America biscuits aren’t sweet.

2 Likes

It kind of looks like a creamy sausage gravy to me. Like milk, flour, butter…

3 Likes

You are correct. I put salt/pepper in mine. The biscuits are made of baking powder, flour, butter, milk, salt. @Joker what you call biscuits we call “cookies”

3 Likes

Yeah, they’re very similar to scones. Just omit fruit and only use a touch of sugar.

The gravy is made with sausage and milk. It’s a Southern breakfast that spread in popularity around the US

4 Likes

Here cookies are like chocolate chip cookies - everything else is a biscuit, and American Biscuits are what we call scones!

We eat scones with clotted cream and jam

I would like to try this. If I ever return to the states I will give it a go

3 Likes

I think this is something I would quite like. You can buy scones here with no fruit. Or I guess I could make them

Will see how hard it is - must be plenty of recipes online

Thanks

2 Likes
2 Likes

It’s very easy to make American biscuits.

I don’t do proper measurements, I go by sight and feel.

4 handfuls all purpose flour.
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
About 150 ml shortening, lard, or butter.
Milk or water to moisten ( add a touch of vinegar to the milk for buttermilk biscuits, a spoonful)

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in lard or butter. Cut in until it resembles lumpy sand. Mix in about half a cup of milk or water. Just until the mix is moist and pulls together in a ball.

Pat ball out on a floured cutting board. Cut into whatever shape you want. Arrange on a pan and bake at 350 until tops are golden brown. About 15 to 20 minutes.

3 Likes