I regret to tell you, but goodbye

About my posts…and banning. O.o

Arranged marriage…forced to wear a head scarf…probably not allowed to drive…and now banned from Sz.com

All of this under the guise of ‘protection’?

I’d rather die standing than live life on my knees. Thank God I live in a Western democracy. When my daughters are adults, they will live and travel this world on their own terms…not mine.

1 Like

Now your posts sounds paranoid :joy:

I’m out… You forget that sadiqua chose her life. You should respect that.

Curiosity isnt paranoid. Swap fear out with intrigue.

I was just trying to point out that it is not all of Islam that her husband represents. Thanks God.
But no, you can’t say any CRITIQUES here and not being considered as bully.

We’re not supposed to talk this religious rot on here.

Critiques… By the way

1 Like

Please Bryan. Inconsistencies.
You bash it every then and now.

Yeah but I go all the way.

There is no God.

This is obviously not the way to move to the member. :unamused:
I’m out.

1 Like

Hah… Fifteen characters

Be well, it’s a hard decision, I can see, but you know best. Godspeed.

Obviously for @Hadeda obeying a religious fundamentalist husband is more important than getting and giving help and support. I t does puzzle me that after allowing her to “free mix” for a couple of years suddenly she’s commanded not to do so.
Then the mind of an authoritarian religious extremist is a hard thing to fathom. It may be for @Hadeda that obeying is safer than not obeying.

6 Likes

@Sarad wrote: Yeah…but what is happening with Islam, and clearly showing in sadiqah case, is an ongoing internal battle between two profiles of interpreters : literalistic, materialistic, in essence fundamentalism vs. and figurative, spiritual and closer to liberalism. You can roughly name is as wahhabism vs. sufism.

I agree 100%. But the wahhabists are vastly more powerful right now than the sufis have ever been (that I know of). In fact, several of the comparative religion experts I had to read about a decade ago seemed to uniformly agree that sufism is almost not Islam at all, but southern Asian brahmanism in Kazakh “teaching story” mufti.

I was thinking about it more flexibly: as two opposite approaches, interpretations, not necessarily movements or belonging to specific group of any kind. Its about exegesis ( of Quran), it’s about understanding it within the context vs.taking it directly and ahistorically.

Good Luck with the journey Saadiqah.

1 Like

Gonna miss you @Hadeda, take good care of yourself and if possible, visit us again.

1 Like

well i guess its between you and your god, @Hadeda

the words of men are feeble in comparison,

you have a duty to your husband yes

but your main duty is to God so i will say to you to listen to your heart and you will know if you’ve done the right thing :slight_smile:

hope you have other means of support though, take care.

2 Likes

So long as we all remain inside the box of (religious or political or whatever) belief, I agree completely. AND I do understand that the likelihood of getting up out of that box of belief (and into empiricism; see below, not for your benefit because you know what that is, but the benefit of others here who may not) is highly unlikely given the authoritarian nature of the consensus trance (also see below) in which 99.99% of the masses live.

Thus, because reality is that the masses will continue to believe in UNreality, one is forced to attempt to promote what is relatively the most “real” and attempt to suppress what is the least real. Sadly, the Big Money has rarely been back of real-izing the masses. And even when the trance transcenders had their say (as they did in Rome in 44 BC, France in 1789 and Russia in 1917) the masses still went for the authoritarian solution.

All that said, Islam is still a young religion, sociologically speaking. It is still “on fire.” (And moreover with oil wealth being sprayed on that fire.) Severe, authoritarian, man-up/woman-down social construction (I know you know about this) has the best way to empower a mass movement bent on conversion or annihilation… and territorial acquisition thereby… virtually since Noah’s dog was a pup.

One need only read Hoffer’s classic little book (see below again) to understand How It All Works.

http://www.smccd.edu/accounts/larson/psyc390/Docs/Consensus%20Trance.pdf

http://evelynbrooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/The_True_Believer_-_Eric_Hoffer.pdf