I regret to tell you, but goodbye

It’s a shame but oh well.

I think I could understand the protection thing. Back in the olden days (and even now!) it could be dangerous for a woman to go talk with random strange men. It could also be very dangerous for a woman to walk places alone. (And in some places still is!) I haven’t heard that before so that’s a fresh perspective to me.

Where I don’t agree with it is when it’s used as a measure of control, or in order to monitor a woman’s actions. And I really don’t agree with a woman being shamed if she chooses to have friends of the opposite gender.

Anyways as long as no one gets hurt and everyone consents with what’s going on I’m ok. Sometimes things are different and that’s ok haha.

May you find peace.

Best of luck :blush:

Have u ever thaight about thinking for yourself?

This is an odd question. What prompted you to ask that of Sarad, of all people?

Use your brain for something besides getting ahead in ahead in life

What were you saying earlier about not being someone who would dig his fingers into the wound and twist?

He is probably drinking. I don’t mind.

But what I do mind is when I see a capable,intelligent woman let the stupid illogical instant- pseudo - religious rules - rule her mind. Makes me sad. ( because I know how it feels like)

3 Likes

I’ve never thaight about anything in my life, and I’m sure sarad hasn’t either

(why can’t I like my own posts :confounded: )

In all seriousness I think everyone needsta’ chill

3 Likes

IT’S OKAY DAVID I LIKED IT FOR YOU.

(and for me, too)

1 Like

Thanks rhubes.
:grinning:

1 Like

There, kiddo. :joy:

1 Like

Is the currently ascendant extremist bunch in Islam any different from the currently ascendant extremist bunch in any other Western, authoritarian, rule-bound, dictatorial religion? (Think Fundamentalist Church of the Latter day Saints, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, some of the severely paternalistic (pseudo-) Christian sects, orthodox Judaism and the “Church” of Scientology.)

The subjugation of women and treatment of them as chattel owned lock, stock, mind and body parts by their bigger, stronger and more violent fathers and spouses was first written up in the Judeo-Xtian bible about 2900 years ago. It has never really gone out of fashion in some regions; but thanks to feminist authors like Alice Miller and Judith Lewis Herman, some people are more aware of it now.

cc: @Patrick @pansdisease @PinCushion @Twang @Sarad @petester @Anna

1 Like

Leave sadiqua alone. She’s is doing what she wants.
Or what she thinks she should do which is what she wants.

It’s not like you question your beliefs.

1 Like

Why are you interpreting everything as a personal attack?
(Didn’t you notice that i moved it to the problem in general? )
Geeez.

And I don’t want to be in the same novel with you.

I just get annoyed at the things you say sometimes.

If you were right in me feeling like it was a personal attack… It is because I am the board itself.

But yes my response was meant as a jab.

You have no right. She is doing what she thinks is best in the eyes of her god.

some people know humility and don’t need to be in control.

1 Like

Hahahahh God I’ll just get myself banned real quick

You make me paranoid.

Bout what? Fifteen character