I really don’t want to do the biopsies

My urologist ordered them. They’ll be under general anesthesia. I’m thinking about avoiding it unless my symptoms worsen. Then I’ll get it done. I just don’t want to do it again.

I identify with the decision process.

1 Like

I understand the aversion but I think you should get the biopsy. It’s better to know what’s wrong so you can fix it

2 Likes

I think you should follow your urologist’s recommendation. If you wait until the symptoms worsen, things may have progressed and be harder to treat.

2 Likes

I just think it’ll be the same results as my last biopsy a couple years ago.

It’s your body - do what you want. You have complete autonomy over your body. If you don’t want to do the biopsy, don’t. A lot of docs pad their wallet with unnecessary procedures. Not necessarily saying this is the case, but it’s worth considering.

1 Like

I’m like you about biopsies. I don’t personally prefer them but down the road I might have to get one.

Are you getting a muscle biopsy?

1 Like

It’s of the bladder. Last time it showed the skin was inflamed, thickening, and sloughing off

Sounds painful. I personally wouldn’t do it, but what do I know?

1 Like

I think they want to check if it’s cancer or something- I think it’s good to do it.
Plus they do it under general anesthesia. It will be okay.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.