I’m no longer diabetic!

My A1C was 5.0 with an average blood sugar of 97. Yay!

Im no longer on cholesterol lowering med, blood pressure meds, or diabetes meds!!! Yay!

28 Likes

Wow, that’s astounding news !

4 Likes

That is fantastic news! All the weight loss paid off.

Cheers to a long and healthy life… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks @labratmat !

2 Likes

Congratulations @CoCo ! That’s an amazing accomplishment! :smiley:

I aspire to accomplish the same… but my weight loss has been slow going thus far.

3 Likes

Wow that’s amazing @CoCo!
All this because of weight loss through hard work!

I’m happy for you!

4 Likes

Thanks @Bowens. I had to get really strict with my eating and exercising to lose the weight. I measure, count, and weigh everything before I eat it. I track it all on MyFitnessPal. If you are determined to lose, it’s possible. It just might take longer than usual due to your meds

6 Likes

Thanks @Wave!!!

3 Likes

that’s awesome @CoCo !!

4 Likes

Thanks @lekkerhondje !

3 Likes

Thanks @everhopeful !

3 Likes

You have really done so much work to take charge of your health, you’re an inspiration. Everyday I think of you and make better choices.

5 Likes

Wow! Thanks @Leaf!

3 Likes

Yes, it does take a lot longer for us to lose weight calorie counting and measuring due to our meds. It took me a good year and a half. I’ve kept it off for 6 years now. Keeping it off is the real challenge.

I continued to count calories for many years after losing the weight. I don’t anymore but I still measure and watch portion sizes. And of course, exercise. That never stops.

6 Likes

I agree. I plan to continue counting calories for good

4 Likes

Congratulations @CoCo. That’s quite an accomplishment.

4 Likes

Thanks @anon54988740!

2 Likes

Wow that is great, im hoping too, that i will not diabetic soon, my a1c is 5.7, so im close too. congratulations im very happy for you. :smiley:

3 Likes

Congrats! What great news!

3 Likes

Congratulations, @CoCo That is a real accomplishment. Are you going to celebrate?

3 Likes