Schizophrenia.com

I love people but also despise them

I love people so much and i find everyone’s stories so fascinating but then theres that part of me that thinks everyone wants everyone to suffer so they can succeed. To the world u all are great but piss me off too. But i still want to love people and i just love meeting new people and learning about them and what makes them tick. I honestly hate talking about myself cause i already know myself. Id rather listen to other peoples stories, struggles and triumps. Thats so pretentious but still. Like i love hearing about everyone’s days on this forum and what they are going through and its really quite fullfilling and makes me more compassionate. But then in the world there is that part of people i really despise. Like when people do these idiotic selfish things it drives me mad. I wish we could get along more as a society. Work together a little more. Stop killing each other and start building instead of destroying. But i always bring it up its that balance that has to keep everything in check. If everyone was all good then the balance would be out of tune so i guess we need the ■■■■■■■ selfishness to contrast with the good. It doesn’t mean much but if ur reading this and a member of this forum i love u and want us to succeed as a community. Good night!

5 Likes

People are capable of both great selflessness and great selfishness. They have a bad habit of doing horrible things to each other, but they also do wonderful things for each other, like inventing the vaccines for plague, measles, small pox, polio, and so on. The lists of both the bad and the good are endless.

1 Like

humans as a species suck, the single most destructive life form on the planet. But they are capable of being better and thus have immense potential. If people can stop getting stuck on dark age like crap, we could make this world so great.

or you know the Fenrans can come and enlighten us and welcome us into the Seven Star Alliance…(please don’t ask…that is part of a delusion i had years ago)

i have similar conflicting feelings about the human race, although if you take it from person to person, seeing them all as individuals, then once you encounter someone doing something unfavorable all you can do, and this is what i do, is encourage them to act in a better way as a person, or help them to see what is wrong in their actions or a better more effective alternative, such as in situations of dispute or cruelty. encouragement clicks sometimes after they understand it more, although sometimes you will meet people who don’t care to or aren’t open to learn-(ing), but that is their problem, not yours. humans are shitty and humans are amazing, it is different per person.

I could do without the stupid ones, being honest. Think we should just sterilize them and get their genes out of the system.

shout out to the astronomy thread we could just allow them to pick a planet of their choosing send them and leave them to suffocate or starve, i mean if they are stupid enough to cut off their gene pool then they mustn’t be smart enough to take into consideration oxygen levels or means to sustain human life… that being said i am sure there wouldn’t really be many people stupid enough to not think. anybody can learn, some people just choose not to.

1 Like

As George Carlin said…

It may be surprising, but I do like people. At least, at first. 30 seconds to a minute later I just want to get away from them.

Or something along those lines…

I’m trying to learn respect for the others. It’s an important lesson to respect their independence and freedom. The world will continue on. We can makes mistakes. We have made mistakes. It’s unreasonable to not let others explore this world and live the life they choose.

You don’t have to associate with them though. Find those who walk the same path. The only lesson of Buddhism I care to remember.

Modern economists and sociologists are wracking their brain every day to both empower freedom while also manipulating the middle between the needs of individual and the needs of the masses. Capitalism, like communism, works in ideal… but the problem is people are too smart for communism and too dumb for capitalism… people are quicker to buy what is sold to them then do they homework themselves and figure out which is the better product/company to empower through the economic vote of their purchase.

Beyond that we all need to be conscientious of living within our means and doing so efficiently. Learning how to live well and how to help others live well.

The rich sit at the top. They attempt to justify their stance. Their lifestyles distort our perception of what life should be… but there is motivation in that at times. You can almost see them as living statues… testaments to the modern capacities of humanity… because it wasn’t them who made themselves rich… it was you… you bought their products.

Sadly it is a game… a game they understood before knowledge of it could even spread. You are free to play it as well.

Real humanity was lost long ago… the communes of the indigenous… as animalistic and natural as they are they are renown for their collective happiness. Less depression, anxiety, sz… mentally it is what we are most equipped to handle… however… I thrive on complexity myself… I thrive on seeing the potential of the human future… and I would not be able to see the seeds of that as well as in any prior time. Not that it was a choice in the first place.

I’m finally starting to find my connection to humanity… kicking and screaming the whole time I had to… it’s a middle ground of respect, but finding it curbs the abrasion and the persecution complex that was born of it.

So people are alright… but really if I can’t learn from you then I won’t find too much value in your presence. Not that I would dislike you… I just have other things to do… you can love at a distance, you can sympathize and empathize almost as if it is a prayer for the well being of all.

If your just going to get ■■■■■■ up and make noise and ignore to promote your own presence and experience… why should I be around anyways? It’s not rejection when people do this. They are embracing their own experience. It’s not something I often do, but if I wanted to I could. These people will like you as well. You just have to recognize that they can do this at a distance…

You’re a kind soul kazuma… you have that capacity to care for people and the desire to be cared for yourself… I’m sorry that many people are too dumb and preoccupied with themselves to be concerned…

Who knows… they may lack the capacity…

Survival of the fittest = survival of the winner… the themes of american life an echo of the process of evolution. If they live the best life they can for themselves… then perhaps they’ll be happy in the end.

or they really don’t care and they just want to have fun… there are as many arguments on their side as on mine…

it really matters not. People are separate…

I’m doing what I please now… I’m staying in… I’m seeking out the smarts of others… I’m building my understanding… that’s my inclination. It’s ends I don’t know… and that makes me similar to the other degenerates I know…

It’s funny though… recently I’ve been analyzing the interactions of smart people… its as hierarchical as anything else… The smarter are intimidating… the seemingly less smart are dis-interesting… there is still ego involved… but we know it and try not to show it… still it’s transparent. There are so many factors though… age, exposure, interests, time spent on subject x or y… but seeing it has allows me to understand my limits… not fully yet… but its always humbling to find someone who has a capacity I lack… even it just being modesty itself…

People are separate… but we need each other. Diversity breeds diversified capabilities…

Once I find a couple programmers though… things might be pretty cool. I’ve got some ideas.

2 Likes

you are amazing, awesome, i agree with you on so many points in that, it was actually very eye opening considering my loss of sight in life, objectively… i forgot i was passionate about learning… my mind has been closed recently… thank you for showing me my simplicity. i don’t know if what i said previously was cause for your writing about judgement of people with less of an education but i just wanted to say that i meant half of it as a joke and the other half to point out that even the darkest room in the house can have light, you just need better wiring…

2 Likes

thanks jes…

At some point you just gotta learn to take your mind off other people and learn to live in your own world… it’s a bitch. I’m still trying to sort out all the details… I have to avoid people for the most part… but all the same. It must be done… especially for a sz.

Really anyone with social anxieties should just spend some time alone until they stop thinking about not only other people but themselves as well. I mean identity wise… you still got to think about needs and all that… but really… you’re a human being… We’re all flawed and limited. People will better and worse than you at the same time every time…

Find your peace… Live how you want. Ambitious or not. My concern for this has been broken.

1 Like