I have to build furniture now

Well to save money I bought kit furniture for my apartment and now I have to put it all together. I’m pretty good at it and have done a lot over the years so I know how to do it and all but it’s not my favorite thing to do. If I had one thing to put together I would be like oh ok no big deal but I have a lot. I have a table, 2 stools, a tv stand, a nightstand, a platform bed, which is going to be hard I think and a dresser. Then I have shelves to put together also that will be coming. I have about 3 weeks before my mattress comes and I start staying over there. I figure I should be able to build all that in that amount of time. Usually a kit takes an hour or more to finish depending on how complicated it is. The bed will probably take more time if you have to screw down all the slats.

5 Likes

Maybe put on some music or a movie, get some takeout, and have a building party. Could tour kids help at all?

It will be nice when all your stuff is built and you have all new furniture.

2 Likes

I enjoy building furniture. That’s probably one reason I’m a big fan of IKEA.

Try to pace yourself @Leaf and ask someone for help if you need to move or flip over heavier pieces of furniture during or after construction.

3 Likes

I’ve done the same thing. The hardest thing was a dresser. Probably if you have someone help you, it will turn out okay.

2 Likes

yea, I was thinking the dresser would be hard with all the drawers and getting the slider into place.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.