I have a date tomorrow

I’m going to go on a date I guess. I mean I’m very nervous and I keep trying to think up excuses on how I can put it off until next weekend to give me a little more time to get used to the idea. I don’t feel like a grown up person right now making grown up decisions for some reason. I feel… I don’t know anxious. I haven’t been on a date in 10 years. And he’s lavishing compliments and attention on me and it’s freaking me out. Like just go slow, no sudden moves. Anyway we’re going to get something to eat and go shopping to pick out a new cowboy hat for him because I said he looks cute in his cowboy hat and he lost it in his move and he wants a new one. So 2 of my favorite things; eating and shopping. Idk. I guess I’ll go.

12 Likes

Sounds like fun!

Its totally normal to be anxious,

First dates can be intimidating.

I’m sure you’ll have a great time!

2 Likes

Be Home by 9, and no hanky panky!!!

2 Likes

Totally normal to be anxious and also totally normal to not feel like a grown up. Go have fun.

1 Like

Go @Leaf. Totally normal to feel anxious but you’ll be fine. :hugs:

1 Like

I hope you have a great time!

1 Like

:cowboy_hat_face: :revolving_hearts: :thinking:

1 Like

@Leaf, I got you beat. I haven’t been on a date with a man for the last 20 years. Granted, I’ve turned a couple offers down.

1 Like

:cowboy_hat_face: :revolving_hearts: :+1:

1 Like

Yee-Haw! Have fun!

1 Like

I hope you have fun. But set up a system with your sister ahead of time. If for any reason the date isn’t going well, and you don’t feel comfortable asking to leave, text her a code word. Like purse or banana. And if she gets the text, she will wait five minutes then call and say she’s having an emergency and needs you right away.

2 Likes

code word “wasuuuuuuuuuuuup” lol

1 Like

awe. Have fun. No expectations you won’t lose because at least you might find a nice person and a nice time.

Very proud of how far you’ve come recently. You really made some tough choices so enjoy. You deserve it. If they are dicks …no worries. Move to tomorrow.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.