I got her number! :-)

Yeah I know you would do anything to get her attention BUT don’t kidnap her kid :angel:

1 Like

No! No!..

I meant just ask her out to a movie. I didn’t mean taser guns or chloroform!

2 Likes

Actually @PatrickT you may have a point. She maybe trying to tell him something there. She seems quite vulnerable too and maybe has little confidence. Maybe she wants to see if he’s willing to “save her” “accept her” I dunno. But I think it’s worth being friends.

1 Like

Maybe she’s giving her daughters name so he knows her daughter is priority to her and she wants to see if he’s ok with this … and accepting of her having a daughter.

Guys you are going crazy. She was very straightforward. I don’t think she is hesitating to go out with the guy, she is over 40 and knows what she wants.

7 Likes

Possibly. … didn’t think like that.

I am sorry it is none of my business but the guy got rejected already.

1 Like

No, I think Patrick is giving bad advice on purpose? Like a facetious commentary? I choose to believe that.

I wasn’t being silly on purpose…

I think the gal is stuck in the ‘mother routine rut’. I believe if @freakonaleash asks her out to a movie, things might blossom from there.

My old girlfriend dissed me a few times before I finally won her over, and now we’re married! I’d say don’t give up! Give it one more chance! Who knows what will happen?

2 Likes

This confusing so many good points.

Oh man, this is confusing for real. I have heard of relationships like these blossoming into something more. She knows what she wants and she had a kid. She seems like she has her ■■■■ together too. You might have to earn her trust? Just stay friends with her, hang out, and maybe if she sees how patient, persistent you are she’ll budge. Another thing you have to take into mind is her daughter, I don’t know if you’re good with kids but thats a huge factor.

Maybe she’s not sure if you’re the “real deal”

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m prepared just to let it drop with her. I mean, I still want to be friends with her, she’s super cool, but that’s all I’m figuring on now. If something more blossoms, great, but I’m not keeping my fingers crossed.

This is what I wrote back this morning:

“I’d be lying if I said I’m not bummed out, been wanting to ask you out for quite some time now, but I respect your position. I feel dumb, but I’ll get over it.”

I meant all of that. I’ll get over it, just super bummed at the moment. As @mermaid1 said, she’s old enough to know what she wants, so it’s time for me to drop it and not harass her about it. She knows now how I feel about her, that’s all I can do.

10 Likes

About 30000 likes for this. It sounds like she might make a good friend, and you can’t have too many of those.

7 Likes

Hi @freakonaleash it sounds like you have good reasoning. I’m sorry it didn’t work out. But who knows what the future holds. Someone else might come along. Take care :v:

2 Likes

You are very mature :smiley:

3 Likes

You handled this very well. Rejection sucks, but you seem like an empathic and mature guy. I’m sure there are many women out there who would love to date you. And don’t feel stupid. You’re not. Stupid would be to not take any chances because you fear rejection. You did well.

8 Likes

I second this. :slightly_smiling_face: you have a sensible way of seeing the situation and I admire you a lot for that.

2 Likes

Good for you, hope things work out!

Its hard being single at our age its alot of pressure especially if you still want kids.

Stuff like this happened many times. Usually I’m like I will still be your friend and then they stop talking to me. I would give you advice but this is one area that I’m worst at.