I feel bad

I just cancelled plans with a friend. We were supposed to go out tomorrow night and drink some beers and catch up on life. I cancelled for multiple different reasons.

1. I dont want to spend the money going out to a bar or club, I just started working not too long ago and im trying to save money.

2. I have panic attacks when around a lot of people and just in general going outside my house. I fear a situation of being out with my friend and having a panic attack. That would be horrible. I also have trouble breathing sometimes which scares the fu*k out of me.

3. I used to binge drink every 48 hours back in my college days, dont want to risk becoming a boozer again.

I feel guilty, feel like I let my broski down.

2 Likes

Did you explain the situation to your friend? Maybe you could reschedule a different activity with them? Something not involving alcohol so you arent tempted and something that doesn’t involve large crowds?

4 Likes

I told him we would hang out another weekend. He doesnt know about my panic attacks. I feel too embarrased to tell him. I lied and said I have to work tomorrow. I actually have the day off tomorrow.

1 Like

I think you could explain the previous binge drinking. No need to share about panic attacks if you’re not ready. Just remember, it’s perfectly ok to go to a bar and order a soda or something without alcohol in it

3 Likes

Very true! Well said.

2 Likes

I was going to say something similar to what @CoCo said. I just hope that the temptation while being in a bar doesn’t lead you astray. But you know you better than I do.

2 Likes

@Bowens - Thanks!

1 Like

Explain your drinking problem and maybe invite him over your house for dinner. That might be a temporary solution until you can find a neutral place to go out to in the future.

1 Like

@77nick77 - Thanks for sharing your opinion/advice.

1 Like

Maybe go out with your friend to a place that doesn’t have alcohol? Or to a bar that has 0% beer?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.