I don't know, is this normal?

I’m still having lingering Delusional Beliefs since leaving the psych Hospital months ago.
I kind of know that they could be delusions and I now have insight but I’m constantly questioning these distorted and paranoid ideas.
I have not completely dismissed what I went through as a Delusional experience.
I mean I’m much better but still have lingering Delusional Beliefs.

Is this normal to still think this way?
Should I tell my pdoc right away?

2 Likes

According to my recent poll, 70% of us feel that way. So it’s normal.

5 Likes

I feel that way from time to time. I’ve timing old my pdoc and we’ve been increasing my AP a little bit tof see if it helps. So far it has.

1 Like

I’ve been on meds for a year and a half, a little longer perhaps, and my delusions are only just slipping away now.

I think meds are great for reducing hallucinations but they act a lot slower and take more alternative approaches to lessen delusions. So I think what you’re experiencing is normal.

4 Likes

It probably is a good idea to tell your pdoc.

Have you been consistent with taking your meds?

1 Like

It took a long time for me from not experiencing “weird” things anymore to not thinking in somewhat delusional ways.

2 Likes

After an acute period of psychosis I do tend to have lingering delusions. Sometimes my pdoc will up a med or something like that, but mostly I just ride it out.

1 Like

Delusions are common in schizophrenia. I’ve had delusions for 35 years. Over the years some have gone away and I don’t even remember a lot of them that disappeared. But I still have lingering ones.

Who cares? I woke up happy today, I drove to an AA meeting this morning and afterwards I went into a nearby McDonald’s and then I drove around in the great Spring weather and enjoyed the peace.
Tomorrow will be struggle and strife but today I enjoyed some of life.

When I got home, I stopped at the 7-11 next door for some ice and I was standing in line to pay the 50 cents and I glanced behind me and there was a cute, kind of hard-looking, 30-something woman standing behind me. Her eyes caught my attention because they were a brilliant, bright, shining turquoise.

I turned and looked at her and I asked her if she was wearing contacts. She just laughed and answered yes, and I said some inane joke and we shared a laugh. Then I told her I was going to go home and I would be thinking about her eyes. She just laughed at my ludicrous joke and I told her. “Have a nice day” and walked out. Man, she was cute though.

I’m 56 years old, I’m not dead. lol.

4 Likes

Yes I’ve been taking my meds religiously @Chrishasheart.
I will mention it to my pdoc when I see her.

Again these are not full blown Delusions just some lingering distorted thinking and some paranoia.

1 Like

Oh ok now I understand @Wave sorry if I didn’t fully comprehend that they’re lingering delusions by reading your original post.

And that’s good that you are staying on top of your meds.

I still have some lingering delusions too, very weird ones. I’ve only talked about a few on here though.

2 Likes

I have only been sick a year and 9 months. My one, real symptom is a delusion. I still have it but I think about it less than I used to. It is VERY slow (at least in my case) to go away. Some people get on meds and their delusions go away ASAP. Other people, it takes a long time.

1 Like

I had lingering delusional beliefs after leaving the ward. that’s why they usually plan follow-ups, and call me after I leave.

a delusion of being dead before actual death?

a lot of people probably think I’m dead, but I don’t care.

1 Like

I just live with my delusional beliefs. They don’t hurt anybody and they don’t hurt me so what harm are they doing? There are worse things in life than having harmless delusional beliefs.

2 Likes

That’s how I ‘would’ feel about my delusion except that it comes with paranoia. My main delusion is harmless, maybe even pleasant, like yours. My pdoc isn’t in any hurry to get rid of it because I am, otherwise, stable. It is the very, very painful paranoia that accompanies my delusion that makes it so painful.

1 Like

My biggest delusional thought that hasn’t gone away, even with time and meds, is that I’m not really sick. That I’ve been purposefully tricked into believing I have schizophrenia. It lingers. It doesn’t cause much trouble, but it’s not going anywhere.

Edit: I realize not believing you’re sick is a symptom of the sickness itself.

1 Like

hi, it could, emphasis on could - be normal, it is for me at least -
have ongoing delusions on and off most of the time, but as others say- probs should tell pdoc about it to be on the safe side of things…

1 Like

Unless you feel your delusional thoughts may lead to drastic actions I don’t think it’s worth going back to the hospital or anything, though of course mention it to your psych professionals.

I still had delusional thoughts even when on medication, that was my one symptom that never went away.

1 Like

If they’re worries concerning reality ----> Philosophy
Philosophy is often overlooked but you might find that you understand, nowadays,
what used to look like psychobabble.

Alarming? Yes but we need be more in fear of fearing our undisclosed situation.

The minds behind the Alien movies have often capitalized from ‘Crazy’ ideas anywhere from severe constipation possibly being an alien embryo in your intestine to the intermittent ringing in our ears being an electric wand used to wake androids out of a virtual life serving as an asylum.

Don’t fear; learn
and take all in good humor and stride while doing so.

1 Like

Thoughts are thoughts; for a schizophrenic, I wouldn’t expect any rhyme or reason. It’s when belief and action come into play that I think questions need to be asked about one’s safety and wellness.

1 Like