I don't feel good enough

I don’t feel like I’m good enough.
I have exams coming up soon, and even though I know I know the material well, I feel like I’m not good enough, or that I won’t be able to show that I know the things I know.

I feel I’m not good enough for my family and friends either. Maybe un-useful is a better word.
Or useless.

When I tell this to people, they keep telling me I’m valuable and that I’m kind and stuff, and I know they’re probably right, but a big part of me just can’t believe them.
It’s like something is blocking me from receiving compliments, and I often just want to cry because I want to believe them so badly.

Is there anything I can do to lessen the feeling of insignificance?

Yes. Here’s a rule to live by.

When one is not socially successful, delve deeply into logic/philosophy/anthropological history to self realize your true worth and everyone else’s. Those that are socially successful will not do this 99,999% of the time, and you will inherently be worth what you know about everyone intrinsically. This may have the effect of handing you some social benefit, and therefore it’s a route to your success in sociality after all.

Sociality is a life of self realization mentally speaking, but it is more a life of sensationalism rather than truth and thinking which is not something I’m judging. They self realize mentally speaking, but because they acquire this sense of self worth about the nature and value of their minds’ capabilities and links socially, they tend to have no other ways of measuring minds.

So if you go the other way like I said above, become a logical thinker who knows what humans are mentally and historically, then you break their beliefs, prove why their wrong, and they learn to respect what you think about them rather than you just accept what they think about you even though they have little to no qualifications for it. They do inherently need a person who is qualified to do that, and that may as well be you. :wink:

What do you think?

To be honest I didn’t understand much of what you wrote.
I consider myself an avid reader and OK at English, but I couldn’t translate your words into coherent sentences.
Maybe I’m having a bad day.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but were you trying to say I shouldn’t worry about what others think?

I do worry about what others think, but more than that, I worry about what I think about myself. I wish I could believe others when they say they have good opinions about me, but I can’t seem to shake the feeling that their opinions are wrong or invalid, and it hurts.

Sorry, I’m not sure how to address that. Hehe. :thinking:

I’ve been thinking and thinking about what to say to help you. Of course I can compliment you and say you’re a wonderful young lady who is loving and intelligent but that’s so superficial. I can tell you to love yourself but how? I really identify with what you’re saying. I for my whole life suffered from this feeling of not being good enough. I felt totally unlovable. I felt nobody really liked me or if they did they only liked the act that I was putting on. Even my own mother didn’t love me I feared.

After I met my husband I was so ill I couldn’t pretend anymore. I couldn’t keep the act going. I was just me all raw and unfiltered. I was all broken and pitiful. I was as bad I as ever thought I was and he still loved me. It took me being so sick that I couldn’t pretend to be better than I was to see that I wasn’t that bad after all.

Now I still suffer from low self esteem and I worry a lot about that bothering other people. But I just try to tell myself that other people are going to think what they want. All I try to focus on is being a good person and if that isn’t enough than I don’t know what enough is.

At the end of our lives, when we look back we aren’t going to remember what grades we had or what clothes we wore or what size we were in, we are going to remember the people we have in our lives. Those people will be in our lives because of the love and kindness that we are able to give and receive. Love and be loved. Be not seem. ( r w emerson)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.