I discovered the truth

I have discovered the truth that our lives do not really mean anything. Most of us just live experiencing events, people and other matters around us, which is mostly just meaningless. We just live our lives. Some people try to achieve something ‘great’, but as years pass and 50 years later nobody hardly remembers any of these achievements. Many people write great stories on Facebook, Google and elsewhere on the Internet, but they are just among hundreds of millions of other people living and writing meaninglessly. A man wakes up in Paris on Sunday and walks on the empty streets of Paris wondering what he should do only to discover that everything he does is meaningless in the end. I have discovered the truth - our lives are meaningless.

1 Like

So what’s your point? Or what conclusion did you reach? That all of us poor grunts should just give up? I have a car, it needs gas. That means I need money. I don’t want to catch the bus ( I did it for six straight years, 1990-96). I need to get places.That’s a ONE example of meaning in my life. Don’t get me wrong, I like philosophy and esoteric and free thinking myself. But you have to take into consideration the realities of life on a lower plane. Bedsides you are intelligent enough I know to know that your epiphany has been around since Ancient Greece and people like Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates. Surviving means something

2 Likes

My life maybe meaningless to someone else, but not for me.

2 Likes

You said it for me too.

I think the meaning lies in how we experience our minute by minute lives. And experiencing things is our ‘purpose’ here giving meaning to things that exist.

1 Like

Maybe I am a nihilist :smile:

Nihilism (/ˈnaɪ.ɨlɪzəm/ or /ˈniː.ɨlɪzəm/; from the Latin nihil, nothing) is the philosophical doctrine suggesting the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism can also take epistemological or ontological/metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or that reality does not actually exist.

I’m a “nihilist” par excellence on my bad days.

thank you for cheering me up, i am just going to rock to and throw in the corner of my spaceship…
take care

Thats why we have wine and beer.

Yes for some, life is meaningless. But that’s not the same as meaningnothing.

Our lives are not meaningless.You can find out about our purpose on mormon.org

No mjseu may have a valid point. In the grand scheme of things life could very well be meaningless. Life is full of different experiences and emotions, but what does this really mean in the end - nothing. Life is like a circle, no end point, just a bunch of experiences mixed in with emotion going around and around - recycled feelings and events.