I didn't know where else to go

My dad passed away just under three months ago. It was merciful because it was the end of his suffering dementia, but I miss him.
I think of this group, and I’ve had some connection here, but not totally. The sense of permanent isolation is heavy right now. The need to be alone, the feelings of being misunderstood, the discomfort, and yet the intense loneliness. What a cycle to repeat over and over…
How are you all doing?

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

I’m so glad to see you back!!

(I was goldenrex)

So sorry to hear about your father.

I hope you can get some support here and feel a little better.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear about your father.

I’m glad to see you back.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. That must be awful. Please keep coming back for support. You need it.

What are you doing now? Do you live with family? Are you able to work?

Don’t give up! I know it’s hard, but if you just hang in there , over time you’ll start to feel better

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I remember you. I would say I remember well when you used to post but I can’t remember your story now. You used to be a teacher?

2 Likes

Welcome back!!!

:heart: :hugs:

2 Likes

Welcome back hedgehog

2 Likes

Thank you for kind responses. I see familiar names and hope you’re all doing well.
@77nick77 , I’m a Special Education Assistant. Ironically, I help to teach Life Skills to special-needs high school students.
I want to rejoin this forum. I feel a bit lost.

6 Likes

Hey! I remember you. Much Blessings to you and your father.

And welcome back.

:rose:

2 Likes

Welcome back. I hope this place helps you get on the right track. I remember you were pretty cool!

2 Likes

Just jump in anywhere. You’ll feel like a regular in no time.

2 Likes

sorry to here about your dad
i lost mine 10 years ago
it takes time but you will have him in memories

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss @Hedgehog. Welcome back.

2 Likes

Thank you, @yoda123 I’m sorry for your loss too. My dad had dementia and was suffering, and we were all suffering the loss of him already, so in that way it’s really merciful.

3 Likes

My Dad recently passed also. From COVID. Hope you find some comfort in your other connections soon

I really miss my Dad. He was a jack of all trades. Could fix anything. My wife called him all the time. She never calls her own father.

2 Likes

@TomCat , I’m so sorry you lost your dad too. :heart: My dad caught Covid, and even though they said he recovered from it, he never got out of bed again. He was completely gone after that from the dementia, had to be on oxygen and passed away two months later.
I keep randomly crying. I listen to music that he liked and look at pictures… I hope you have support and comfort.

2 Likes

My dad’s been gone a year now. I went through the emotions. I’m still grieving. If you need to be with someone talk it’s okay. I go and sit by his old apt.

2 Likes

Sorry your father passed. Hugs

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss.:pray:t4::two_hearts:

Maybe you can log on to the forum more often.

Hope you will feel better soon.

Wishing you comfort.

1 Like