I despice Bob Marley songs

I just hate his songs. Like dont “worry and he happy” that was played constantly by my stoner friends. I think all stoners listen to it. His songs dont have much meaning to me and are bland. What do you think?

2 Likes

Yes. Bob Marley sucks.

Good post

3 Likes

The problem stoners defend it by saying that you dont have much insight into his songs and his personality and im like damn, all he did his whole life was smoking weed and banging chicks. You have to be very high and dumb to enjoy his songs

1 Like
4 Likes

Yeah, Bob Marley is good only if you are stoned. Reggae in general is too simplistic

1 Like

Oh come on. He was a visionary and an activist. He had a huge influence on so many including other musicians. I like listening and learning about Rastafarianism. He is beloved. I love Bob Marley!

9 Likes

I like reggae. Bob Marley practicaly invented reggae. I do agree that some of the songs are a little bit out there and maybe better suited for stoners, but a good portion of it I can listen to in my everyday life. He has many uplifting songs. I don’t smoke.

In fact I was listening to him when I read this post. lol

3 Likes

“Don’t Worry, Be Happy” is Bobby McFerrin.

But I agree it’s a terrible song.

1 Like

Hahaha, I agree

I dont mind reggee in small doses, but its the dreadlocks that put me off.

Can someone enlighten me - do they wash them, cos to me it just seems like dirty hair thats bonded together with the grease.

2 Likes

I don’t listen to reggae but to reggaeton, dancehall, hiphop, rap, arabic, etc

2 Likes

I don’t like the song Don’t worry, be happy because there’s so much to worry about.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure your not suppose to wash dreads

Dreadlocks are formed when you encourage the hair to tangle and knot, not from greasy buildup.

The people I’ve known with dreads washed them every couple of days or once a week.

That said, there are certainly people who don’t wash their hair.

2 Likes

Am a big Bob Marley fan. He captivated people to stand up for their human rights - so much so the CIA tried to have him assassinated

5 Likes

bob marley is great. if you don’t like it dont listen to it. it’s not like he’s getting air time on the radio anymore. i like a bit of reggae every once in awhile, like once a year, so i don’t get annoyed by it. but i do get annoyed at the same songs being played on the radio for 30, 40, or even 50 years.

3 Likes

Three Little Birds got me through some tough times, to be honest.

To each their own, though.

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan, but I do really like steel drums.

when i lived in a college town delivering pizzas, i didn’t keep track of the days, every day was the same, i would wake up and go to work, but i always knew when it was sunday because the local college radio station would have reggae hour from noon-3pm haha.

3 Likes