I decided to go back to school last night and re-enrolled in my Accounting diploma

I think my meds are balancing out, no thanks to the pdoc and nurses, useless buggers (ah! venting online, yum yum yum). But anyway, I am going to try to do my accounting diploma again. I’m doing it for me. I enjoy it and it would be fairly easy to start a business/freelance doing it afterwards (relatively -low startup costs, always need bookkeepers, etc.). Anyways, wish me luck. I’m going to go to the library everyday to study rather than sit at home all lazy on the couch studying (lame!). I also am trying out the ‘dress for success’ theory. Business casual for this guy from now own, or atleast not cargo pants and a sweater with steel toed boots. Nah, nice shoes, no tie ■■■■■ ties), but idk, I think it makes a different in how you’re treated. I noticed already my nurse talks to me differently when I show up well dressed.

Hope I stick with it…

1 Like

I dress well when I go out. It makes me feel more confident and people in public talk to me more. I also go to school full time while dealing with symptoms. You can do it. Accounting is not a bad gig. I worked as a treasurer for a university pre sz and it was probably the best job I ever had. Lots of down time.

1 Like

Thanks @air for sharing that and for the words of encouragement. That’s awesome to hear about anyone with sz working or going to school. Accounting is a lot of fun, it’s all forms and basic numbers (from what I understand of the basics), I use to be all about computers (networking) and had a pipe dream of being a mathematician, but I think in my case I need to accept I don’t have the patience for those things anymore, they just frustrate me.

1 Like

I found when I did accounting I could kind of get into a “flow” and get the work done. I get that sometimes with my current work.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.