I can't understand why I procrastinate so hard

Two weeks ago I was studying drawing 2 hours a day, reading more than 30 minutes a day, doing an online course, physical exercises, studying English, writing my journal, filling an emotional monitoring app and, suddenly in this last week, I just stopped everything and started to procrastinate.

I read in a book that even Leonardo da Vinci procrastinated, but I don’t know if it’s healthy. Maybe there are some benefits, but not in the long-term.

Another problem is that self-doubt starts to knock: “if I don’t have will power to keep doing it, it means I shouldn’t be doing it.” I don’t always trust my thoughts and emotions, but they mislead me a lot.

Do you have problems with procrasnation? How did you deal with that?

1 Like

Maybe fear? Try to pomodoro method. Take learning how to learn from coursera. Learn about and study Barbara Oakley.

1 Like

Don’t worry you doing great it happens to many people . You can have break just not more then week sometimes… drawing is hard if you train without instructor it should be hard…try going out of home to the shop or for a walk it might help

2 Likes

I’m drawing with an instructor. After his class, I just gathered some will power to do it again, but, as @insidemind says, I have fear. I fear trying and failing again. Distractions are also a problem.

2 Likes

I have failed two times computer science in college now I get up and don’t care going to courses again

1 Like
1 Like

That’s awesome, lol! During college I would have periods when I studied a lot and when I wouldn’t have will power to do it.

1 Like

I am now in better shape stronger more disciplined and take better medication

1 Like

Try going out of home . Ride a bycicle or something it helps with creativity being in nature is good medicine

1 Like

Thank you for the video, @anon17132524!

1 Like

I’m still going out and doing physical exercises. Just have to put all things on track again. Thank you for the advice.

Think about your health more then about career… health is more important… with good health you do wonders

1 Like

Yeah, Health is one of my top values.

By the way, this forum is a huge distraction lol. Nice to hear you’re doing great :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was always doing great but now even better thanks

1 Like

Just worked my ass and I had plenty of things done today :blush:

2 Likes

I often have internal resistances to be productive too. I solve it by forcing myself to be active. It helps my mood. I also take periodic breaks. Just keep up with a schedule and your bound to have more energy eventually :slight_smile:

I procrastinate a lot. how do you manage your life? Do you use a planner or time-managing apps? I use both, and cannot take care of everything, but I still do things.

1 Like

I use Habitica and Todoist. Habitica is fun, but I lost 2 levels these days.

Oh i checked and it’s like a game, right? It seems that you can have both fun and work. I use Atracker. I can record what I did and how long I spent on them. :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.