I can't think

Nothing makes sense even when it should. Everything is separate, everything that should mean something loses it when the next thing comes along. It’s like ideas never actually existed, or if they did it was only for a moment. I don’t even think words work, does anyone really know what they’re saying? Today someone told me they couldn’t understand what I was trying to say even though I put a lot of effort towards picking the right words. Now I’m just awfully confused and alone. Does any of this mean anything or should I just stop talking for good? Why talk if you have nothing to say that someone wants to hear. Maybe some people are supposed to talk and others aren’t, I think this is just reality.

Does anyone else struggle to be clear minded? Is anyone actually clear minded?

3 Likes

I understand that feeling. Ì mumble on and can’t string two sentences together. People try hard to figure out what I’m trying to say. Some days I just listen but often i have to ask people to repeat because I can’t catch what they are saying. It’s frustrating.

2 Likes

Thank you for understanding, I’m really sorry this happens to you, it’s not much fun. But don’t worry, it’s only as bad as you let it be. It can be hard but it’s good to think of positive spins, even if it doesn’t make things good it makes it them better I think

1 Like

@L.f.e
I want to listen to what you have to say.

Sometimes - yes. It’s not always easy to coordinate my thoughts.

Before my illness in college, I was super fast and sharp. Mainly because of energy drinks and I was really, really healthy. I don’t think I was quick witted though. Sometimes, I was. I always felt I had a communication issue and it’s possibly due to mild Aspergers.

Now, I just have cognitive problems from schizophrenia/schizo-affective/bipolar.

Sometimes, my mind is very clear, and other times not so clear. My problem is I fumble on my words with ‘um’ and I have memory loss/problems recalling information. I sometimes blame the meds because they block acetylcholine, (even Vraylar does this) which is neurotransmitter for memory and learning.

I like math a lot and the professor said math is just about clear thinking. If that’s the case, I better find a new interest lol!

My problem is my thoughts (thought disorder?). Sometimes nothing is there. My mind is just blank.

@FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter Thank you, that means a lot. I’d like to hear what you have to say too and am looking forward to getting to know you through your posts. It’s not that I don’t have any friends, but when I start to talk about my real experiences and feelings they get uncomfortable and don’t want to be around me anymore I don’t think. It makes sense I guess but is frustrating and depressing a lot. I’m glad I found this forum last week, it’s helped me to feel better for sure. It’s also been a good distraction!

@insidemind I’m sorry you struggle with thinking too, at least we’re not alone. I’m really interested in math but I know very little about it. I think it would be really cool to learn the super complicated stuff but I get so confused so I study religion and studio art instead. I had a friend who had psychosis and was studying math and he knew a lot so it’s definitely possible to do, though I don’t know what symptoms he struggled with most. Don’t give up, if you really want to go deep into math you can! It’ll just take time and patience, and if you’ve had to deal with symptoms like this I’m sure you have the strength and patience to do it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.