I can't help but believe I have the cure

I didn’t understand the first time the doctor referred to my psychotic experiences… I told him very little. I didn’t believe it… I thought ‘what? I don’t have psychotic experiences’.

After a lot of thought I realized I have a lot of weird things…

like that I know the cure for a horrible disease… but I can’t tell anyone because I could be killed for it.

Believed for 25 years now

1 Like

What’s the disease you think you have a cure for? Schizophrenia?

1 Like

what’s the disease? and what’s the cure? I promise I won’t kill you

1 Like

Sadly the fastest way to break these beliefs is to challenge them. Go out and tell everyone the cure. When you don’t die you’ll see it wasn’t real.

During one of my episodes I believed if I didn’t perform these rituals and slept facing my mirror my reflection would come out and kill me. One night I faced my terror in order to test if this was a delusion or not…I forced myself to not perform any of my little safety rituals and slept facing the mirror…woke up completely safe. Pretty much lost the fear after that and confirmed it wasn’t true.

3 Likes

@Insightseeker

I hope you do have the cure, but for now I have The Cure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCKLJGLENs

2 Likes

! I love The Cure

1 Like

I don’t want to say only because it may be a trigger for someone, it is for me. C. Feels better to write only the initial. I had it once but free over 10 years now!

1 Like

See below… not schizophrenia

I plan to share with my doctor

I have a lot of leaves that I never shared with anyone before and only came to think about it as belonging to something

1 Like

I think the C stands for Chemotherapy… a.k.a cancer. Seems like an unusual idea, considering I’ve gone through chemotherapy before, but it’s possible @Insightseeker Are you claiming you got cured after going through ‘C’?

1 Like

No I just have had this strong impression that I have the Cure regular but weird item that you can buy in the store. Rationally I know that that is an absurd idea that came from nowhere but it’s been this belief that no matter how much I push myself to it hangs on that it’s the Cure. I’m not going to share something like that as it is a sensitive topic to put out there something that people think will be the Cure. That disease can be very scary and people search for things like all these people out there saying that they have the cure for that. It’s just I thought that won’t go away since my teenage years. Sorry for the ramble I use voice to text

well, we are certainly all very curious. I wish you felt safe enough to tell us what you’re talking about…

1 Like

how dare you hide such a revelations! we demand answers!!!

2 Likes