I can't believe how well I am

Seriously, I’m empowered by this.

Two years ago I was a mess, last year I was depressed out of my mind. Been through a lot these past few years but my mental health is sharp.

My memory is getting better, my focus is better. I can hold my sobriety although alcohol will always be difficult to deal with, I have no need for drugs.

Last episode I had I could rationalize myself out of it.

Some days are harder than others of course. And still, the mood swings are always present, but I’m feeling happy like I never been.

It can always go sour, it can always get worse. But the coping skills are here, I developed good insight, and a lot of this is thanks to this forum and the support from the people here.

You’re all special and I never feel I’m completely alone with you all.

So, thank you for being here and for all your advice this last year, it means so much.

Hopefully I can say to others that aren’t feeling so well that things can get better, a lot better. I was at the bottom of the pit and I clawed myself out of it. I thought I would always be crazy, turns out sanity is my friend now. Never give up!

Have a great day everyone and thanks for reading!

51 Likes

I’m so happy for you! Hold on to that! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Wow, that’s great to hear Minnii. Fingers crossed it gets even better! :sunny:

3 Likes

congratulations @Minnii you have a right to be proud of yourself! I am proud of myself today being day 5 of not smoking. feels good doesn’t it??

5 Likes

Really great.

1 Like

Must feel great! I have to try that :wink:

2 Likes

Yes !yes!!yes!!!

2 Likes

I love that because it focuses on what I need to work on the most.

My greatest breakthrough was learning that the illness doesn’t always feel aversive. Rather, it makes itself appealing. (I put that in bold so I can fathom the truth of it better.) But even during those times when the illness feels so ‘exciting’, sanity is always what I want even more. “Sure, this crazy reality feels fun, but I’d much rather have the normal life I used to have.”

You’re a favorite of mine here, much thanks. I know the future holds even more for us.

2 Likes

I could believe my psychosis being well because I never believed I had it or it was an issue in the first place. But I can’t believe how happy I’ve been. Also can’t believe how much my anxiety has improved either.

2 Likes

Im glad that you are feeling good about yourself @Minnii.

You deserve to feel this way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good new pic wave

Energy of the universe

1 Like

i believe i have the opposite to schiz/psychosis the past 6 years…whatever the heart feels you can have the polar opposite, Example…so i felt sadness now im enjoying the opposite…you can conjur these feelings from one’s desire

2 Likes

Oh I can so relate to all that you said!!!

Thank you for your words

Thank you @Wave :blush:

1 Like

So happy for you

1 Like

So happy for you Minnii :blush: wish you all the best, I will always remember your input when in distress I found this forum in seek of support. Thank you and hopefully your life will pay you for your great deeds. Good luck.

1 Like

Way to go Minnii! Great news!

1 Like

Do all you can to stay in this happy place. I’ve found that I can be in just as big a danger when things are good as when they are bad. I think, “Just one little drink won’t hurt.”

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that.

I won’t cave to the cravings.

2 Likes

Distract @minnii you got this…breath and enjoy freedom…im glad your doing good…

1 Like