1 Like

yes. 90-110 is average range

1 Like

What are the advantages of being in Mensa? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

meeting smart people. idk i dont probably qualify :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey. It is worth a shot. :zebra::zebra::zebra:

1 Like

My IQ of 69 has opened many more possibilities in my life than say a more normal IQ.

1 Like

I got a 127 or 8 when i was 22 almost 23. wanted a neuro psych eval done and it included it. thing is i can’t do math in my head. i count on my fingers. could probably work out anything on a calculator though.

1 Like

I may be just a peench (that’s West Virginia speak for “pinch”) above average but idk.

1 Like

Are iq tests timed?

1 Like

The Mensa test is timed

2 Likes

Last time I took a psychologist iq test I scored 120. That was before my bad shrooms trip in 2014 which I believe lowered my iq quite a bit. Although now I’m much wiser so sometimes u sacrifice intellect for wisdom. Well it naturally worked out that way for me. But I’d rather be quick witted and extroverted more sometimes. Sometimes I’m content just sitting there going through the motions now.

4 Likes

Ive never done an iq test but i bet i have the iq of a cute hamster or a guinea pig :blush::blush:

:hamster:

3 Likes

High range timed/untimed IQ tests are aimed at those with at least a 120+ IQ. 120+= superior range.

1 Like

I wish I had more emotional IQ than non-emotional IQ.

2 Likes

What you do with your IQ is more important than how low or high your IQ is. Due to adverse life experiences and personal, psychological, flaws I’ve done very little of value with mine. Don’t be like me.

@Crystal-Cotton I hope you ace the test tomorrow.

3 Likes

Yeah. That’s not me. I mean I think of myself as an academic/intellectual but I’m not Mensa.

Agree. Don’t worry too much what you score, @Crystal-Cotton. In this world results speak more than an IQ test. One interesting thing you could do is plot the IQ scores over time and fit them to a linear regression. If the slope of the line is positive and significantly different to zero what it proves is that you are learning how to do IQ tests. That negates your tests because the “blank slate assumption” has been invalidated.

I have a high IQ, but never did anything special with it. Doesn’t help that I was very lazy due to being able to skate by everything by just passing tests, then bullsh**tting interviews.

I mean, it helps me with being able to figure out things quickly. I’m definitely a Jack of all trades due to it.

2 Likes

I have zero interest in knowing my IQ, personally. I know that I am not as intelligent as I used to be, but I’m not completely unintelligent either. I am happy with my own assessment and don’t really want some artificial scale weighing my IQ.

Good luck @Crystal-Cotton , but dont let it bother you too much if you do not test high. It doesn’t measure everything.

3 Likes