I admit, I'm weird. are you?

On the weird factor, I’m about a 8.5 or 9. Most of my weirdness stems from disorganized thought. I’ll be in a conversation with a customer at work and I’ll say something totally off base. Then begins the introspectiveness and I clam up and I end up looking even weirder. Nothing wrong with being a little off but disconcerting to say the least. Can anyone relate?

6 Likes

Bonafide weirdo. I am

1 Like

Im not normal :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m pretty normal most times but I can be weird in patches. I think it comes with the territory but I also like weirdness in general and gravitate towards those sorts of people.

2 Likes

I don’t come off as weird or strange.
Sometimes I come across as being a bit "off"
There is a difference.

1 Like

I don’t know, I think I’m normal most of the time. Sure I hear things and see things out of the corner of my eyes but that’s part of the illness isn’t it? I will say this I was in the car with my former best friend, and her cousin, and their kids (my friend had one the cousin has about 3 I think. The kid told me, you’re the most normal person in this car…and I’m the one diagnosed with Schizo affective disorder. Though to be honest her mother has bi-polar which is just as bad. I’ve just gotten good at hiding my weirdness I guess.

2 Likes

I’m pretty high on the scale of weirdness. It’s hard to explain, but it is impossible for the people who interact with me not to notice.

1 Like

It is really weird because I know I am weird then I get around people who say that they are weird and I feel even weirder! Is that a word?:slight_smile:

I embarrass myself regularly at work. 80% of the time it’s funny and I laugh and whoever I’m talking to laughs along but 20% of the time it’s, well, embarrassing. That’s the secret to getting women by the way. Women love guys who aren’t overly worried about looking good all the time. That’s why the guys who get up and dance in clubs even though they look stupid go home with all the girls.

I went to a couple of parties when I was in my twenties and I was so worried about looking and acting cool that I completely didn’t notice that a couple of women were checking me out and trying to catch my eye but I was oblivious. My friend had to tell me later after the party was over about the girls.

1 Like

It’s good to be so free with it all that you don’t care about looking silly. Silly is the best.

3 Likes

People always say I’m chill. But to weird people, I’m weird. Works out I guess.

1 Like

I guess some people think I’m weird, probably a lot, but hey, you can’t please everyone. Two years ago my janitorial crew started working in a new office building. I was vacuuming or emptying wastebaskets one day in a woman soldiers cubicle and as I walked away I heard her say to some guy, “That guys weird”. I was kind of devastated, it really bothered me and then (stupidly) every time I was around her after that I tried to act as normal as possible. (I guess to erase the weird label). But now I kind of don’t care if I’m weird. It is what is and there are worse or more important things to worry about in life than being weird.

2 Likes

BTW Dear @gene. I like turtles too. I like their shells.

1 Like

Exactly right @dragonfly777.

Let’s design weird banners, write anthem and start a weird colony. Yey!!

1 Like

life, liberty, and the pursuit of awkwardness

3 Likes

yeah i’m incredible weird awkward and cringy

1 Like

Yes I am weird, but we live in a weird world, where if your not the same as the person you are talking to, then your weird. LOL

So maybe every one else is weird, How weird is that?

2 Likes

Every so often I say something weird. But in general, intetacting with the normies I don’t know, I probably only seem slightly wierd.

When I went to Church, people my age probably thought I was super wierd. No wife or girlfriend. No kids. No job. Few enough of them had any interest in me once we exited church. I imagine they must have drawn their own conclusions.

As Jim Morrison said. People are strange. Everyone is weird. Or everyone is normal. Depending how you look at it. Or maybe some are weirder than others… I don’t think I’m overly weird. But other people can make better judgement on that than I could.