Hypnagogia vs schizophrenic auditory hallucinations

The things I hear in that period between wake and sleep always jolt me upright. I can always remember it very vividly and well. What’s the difference between hypnagogia and auditory hallucinations experienced by someone suffering schizophrenia? Is there a difference?

Normal people experience hypnoagogic hallucinations. I get them when I drift off to sleep too. I recognize them as good, they are associated with sleep, which I have trouble with, it is hard for me to go to sleep.

When do they happen? As you fall asleep or when you are waking up?

I get different passing voices when I fall asleep. They are typically not about me or my life or anything at all. The mind beginning to dream. I take comfort in their presence as it means I’m about to fall asleep.

Still upon waking my psychosis spikes. It’s really not that bad, but I’m delusional and hallucinating for about half an hour. My consciousness doesn’t have any grounded composure to it and I just feel sloppy and irritated. Hate going back to that state.

Tangential rant here. I used to fight all day for sanity and peace of mind, only to go to sleep and get set back. (At least all that passes within half an hour now)

At both times. My most recent startled me quite a bit. Two men were talking about me. One man said “I can’t believe she’s gonna do that next week” and the second man yelled at me “it ain’t gonna work, b***h!”

I get Hypnagogic - Hypnopompic Hallucinations, almost always visual

Hmmm are you on meds?

Schizophrenia is like a mystery novel.

I’m intrigued

Yes, low dose of latuda which my doctor will probably increase tomorrow when I see her.

Hypnagogia is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. In opposition, hypnopompia denotes the onset of wakefulness. The related words from the Greek are agōgos “leading”, “inducing”, pompe “act of sending”, and hypnos “sleep”.

Did anyone ever suffer or been party to auditory hallucinations in dreams?

Final reply I’m allowed, Has anyone experienced a manifestation of the self in dreams who is the same person living a different existence.

yes I often hallucinate during my dreams in the dreams

It’s a bit of a hop at the start, isent it?

yeah its no fun.

I think you should treat it as nothing when you wake up.