How you deal with cold weather?

Ofc, warm clothes is reasonable. I used to live in Germany where it can be cold in winter. Till my 40s I never felt the cold weather so badly as I do these days. I had kind of a technique but I don’t know, I can’t remember.

Hot water bottle to put on your lap and hot drink

1 Like

Maybe there is something wrong with me. Maybe I lack some vitamins or minerals.

I have what they call a sleeping bag coat or a huge puffer jacket. Sometimes it is necessary to invest in a good piece of clothing.

I got it on sale from uniqlo.

3 Likes

During the winter I’m constantly cold, my hands are icy. I don’t like winter.

When I’m feeling well I take a week or two on one of the small canary islands (La Gomera or La Palma). The weather is good there december, january.

Just to be charged with sun and heat. I hope i can go this december.

1 Like

I haven’t eaten a balanced diet since I live mainly on snickerbars for the last months. I think I get some supplements. I feel I haven’t put on weight, I think it’s more a loss of weight as I don’t eat tons of other foods to make up for the sugar.

1 Like

Get yourself a bag of apples

1 Like

I had a vitamin D deficit in my blood cause I don’t go in the sun, I am a night person.

1 Like

I take vitamin d supplements

1 Like

I take B and D vitamins in the winter for depression but I am exeriencing Man-A-Pause as I get older and don’t feel as cold in the winter as I use to and rather prefer the cooler weather to the heat. I also live in Michigan (US) so that factors into it.

2 Likes

B12 and irondeficeincy( I read on the net) when you feel a coldintolerance.

Yes, I done a good shop already. I will have carrot/celery juice as well. Next pay I get some vitamin b12 supplement. I still got oats I eat as porridge.

1 Like

In Norway they say “there is no bad weather, only bad clothing”
Which I guess means if it’s cold and windy, you layer up instead of complaining you’re cold.

I love cold weather, but if it gets too nippy I wear layers, snuggle up in blankets, and have a warm drink before and after going outside.

1 Like

When im really cold, I like to sequester myself in a nice hot bath. Then after that I put on thick clothing.

2 Likes

I too take hot, hot baths then layer on the clothing. leggings and sweats on the bottom and a shirt and hoodie on the top. Then I have a big snow jacket for outside. I also have a microwavable heating pad and an electric throw blanket. I can’t stand being cold.

3 Likes

I like sleeping in cold weather, and hate waking up in cold weather, I hate sleeping in summer but love waking up in summer. Its just not right. Why can’t spring and fall be longer, where the best of both worlds happen.

I put on more layers when its cold to deal with it, and that helps but my feet and hands stay cold. The house is aging and the insulation is poor so it costs too much to heat it so it always stays slightly chilly.

1 Like

I live in Nebraska so, cold is like really cold, icy and snowy here.

The trick is to dress in layers, like two sweaters, and top the layers off with a good, long, wool or goosedown coat. Wear a stocking cap, scarf, and sturdy, winter boots with thick cotton socks. Always keeps me warm.

1 Like

I have cold intolerance, big time (and a little bit of heat intolerance, due to AP). Even if it’s the middle of summer, if the AC is blasting, I wear a jacket, indoors. I always wear a jacket to Costco and to the doctor’s office. They tend to blast the AC. I use lots of blankets, at home.

In the winter, I love hoodies. Hot coffee helps. If I’m going to be outside, I use hand warmers in my gloves. I also wear a beanie hat, sometimes. I have really fuzzy boots with actual wool inside. Gotta stay cozy.

1 Like

I also have cold and not heat, but humidity intolerance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.